Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-02-2002, 07:24 PM   #41
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Bakersfield Line?

Bakersfield Line? Help me out here, I'm form Illinois.

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2002, 07:40 PM   #42
H1Rabbit
Founding Member

Default Re: Just another symptom

Hey Banda, I'm originally from Dallas. I've been dying to get something off of my chest (Kennedy assassination cover-up facts) and I think you're just the guy I can trust. Send me an E-mail at my covert address. You know the one.
H1Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 04:15 AM   #43
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Speed

First, eyewitness testimony in a courtroom is NOT hearsay. It is direct evidence. Hearsay is telling a story about what somene else had witnessed. Now, that cleared up, these cyclists won't be thinking about libel as much as jail time they may receive for their fun adventure. If all you have been taught to beware of is the big round number, you have been sorely deceived. Be taught to fear doing ignorant, criminal, stupid acts in PUBLIC, where you may hurt or kill others with your stupidity,and have many people witness your stupidity. If you read the article carefully you will see they said WITNESSES in the article. That "S" on the end is real important. That means more than one person saw this, as is usually the case with public stupidity. That means conviction in court for these guys, if these people show up to testify to what they saw. Is it really that hard to believe they may be traveling at 100mph on bikes designed to go 160 to 185mph?? 100 was probably a low number in my opinion.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:38 AM   #44
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Default Re: A good thing gone bad

No. As long as there was no physical contact between the vehicles prior to the driver running off the road, it would have been considered a single vehicle, at fault accident because the car driver CHOSE to point his car in another direction. It does not matter how spooked he might have been.

Too bad it went further.
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:17 AM   #45
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: Just another symptom

Wow. Once again, you have it completely bass-ackwards. You seem to think I'm talking about a conspiracy. I thought it was pretty clear that the problem with American journalism is too much competition between agencies and individuals acting in their own self interest. That would be the exact polar opposite of a consipracy.

Let's review:[*]Conspiracy - a group working together and covertly to achieve a goal[*]Self Interested Incompetence - a free-for-all of individuals and agencies doing whatever it takes to steal each other's business without regard for the quality of their product.

Say, you wouldn't happen to be a journalist, would you?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:19 AM   #46
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: A good thing gone bad

Now that was laugh-out-loud funny.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:40 AM   #47
nunyo
Registered Member

Default Re: Bakersfield Line?

For more information about the Bakersfield Line read this.
nunyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:59 AM   #48
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Mea Culpa

You're right, of course.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 06:05 AM   #49
xIrvx
Founding Member

Default squid>no backbone

I believe the term originated in the off-road world. Also, could refer to the condition of the rider after crashing: the mangled body in a state that resembles a squid. Any other cheery etymological thoughts?
xIrvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 06:09 AM   #50
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Bakersfield Line?

That's one marvelous post, nunyo. Even 80% of full lean is more than enough for spirited riding. At 100% you have nowhere to go.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote