Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-02-2002, 09:55 AM   #21
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: A good thing gone bad

It's the principle man, not the purpose.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2002, 11:02 AM   #22
H1Rabbit
Founding Member

Default Re: Just another symptom

I'm a little confused here;

So you're blaming the news media for the irresponsible and deadly actions of these squids?
H1Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:08 AM   #23
john
Founding Member

yeah i know, that just started though.....akira was around on it forever, and he made the bike what it is in WSBK.

Akira and ZX-7R will always be in my mind like Giacomo and MV Agusta, even thou Ago went to yamaha
Old 04-02-2002, 11:21 AM   #24
jmeyn
Founding Member

Shouldn't he think about it first?
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:25 AM   #25
jmeyn
Founding Member

Fleets of Ninjas.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:26 AM   #26
El_Flaco
Founding Member

I admit, the US media is pretty bad- but if you want to see journalism at its (quite possibly) worst, hop on a plane to London and check out the closest newsstand once you get into town. I was in England for a week and a half recently, and I witnessed it firsthand. Talk about dramatization, celebrity worship, and ignorance of common-sense facts! Example: The shooting in Paris that left 9 dead and 14+ injured made pg. 6 of the "Evening Standard" and Naomi Campbell's lawsuit of some other trashy paper made headline news. Whereas I usually feel a bit more informed or smarter after reading the news in the US, I felt dumbed-down, preached to and even more ignorant after cracking a British paper open. Pray we don't get to that point here in the US, but the signs are there. Read "Farenheit 451" lately???
Old 04-02-2002, 11:32 AM   #27
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Conspiracy or Testosterone?

I couldn't find the article in Yahoo, but it looked like incompetent reporting more than the spearhead of a conspiracy.

On the surface it looks like a clear case of mob riding. It's easy to just follow the leader into hell when the adrenalin/testosterone level ramps up.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:35 AM   #28
jmeyn
Founding Member

Absolutely right on! It's nearly impossible to get straight news in GB; the few good papers at the newstands are buried in garbage.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:48 AM   #29
banda
Founding Member

Yeah that's precisely it Great reading skills there, partner. Maybe you should skip right over the blog commentary and stick to getting your news from Yahoo(!).

The point is that the news media is implicating Kawasaki in this accident based on:

a) the eye-witness assumption that all sport bikes are Ninjas

b) the Miami Herald's unwillingness to ascertain any "facts" before printing a story.

You are a little judgemental there yourself. Was the Yahoo report based on the findings of a traffic accident scene reconstruction? Were these "charges" that the Dade County authorities were considering preceded by anything similar?

The Miami Herald, just like virtually every other news outlet in the nation, just blindly copies crap from police blotters without performing even a shred of investigation. They do it because it's cheap, it's fast, and it's sensational. Facts don't matter.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:55 AM   #30
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: Conspiracy or Testosterone?

Poor reporting is anything but a conspiracy. The news outlets are too fragmented. That's what is causing their decline. Newspaper subscriptions are down. Ratings for news programs are down. News outlets are scrabbling over "sensational" material out of raw competition with one another. The result is that our news media have forsaken insight and analysis in order to steal market share away form one another as cheaply as possible.

Your analysis is probably correct... I can't say I never made a bad pass. It's all the more likely when riding in a group.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote