Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Myrtle Beach says, "Nope!" to Bike Rallies

Well, the noise and the crowds have managed to p1ss off a BIG venue enough to make them move...

http://www.myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/message.html

It was only a matter of time.

My folks live just South of MB, and they tell me that it got worse every year. The noise was terrific, and the sheer number of bikes had the traffic, which already sux in a major fashion, intolerable.

Who's next?

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

The article dances around the real issue. There was a particular rally that occurred after the normal rallies that drew what can best be described as a criminal element. No one wants to mention the race stereotype connected with this rally.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
pushrod
Founding Member

You make a good point.

However, the original 'Dealers Association' related rally was also getting under most folks' skin.

My folks are South of MB, as I said, and saw little to none of the second rally.

They have no problem with bikes; my BIL rides a WideGlide and of course, I ride. They had a BIG problem with the aforementioned noise and general brou-ha-ha. They say they'll miss the 'color' and no doubt the economy will take a hit, but they seem to be happy the torture is over.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
You make a good point.

However, the original 'Dealers Association' related rally was also getting under most folks' skin.

My folks are South of MB, as I said, and saw little to none of the second rally.

They have no problem with bikes; my BIL rides a WideGlide and of course, I ride. They had a BIG problem with the aforementioned noise and general brou-ha-ha. They say they'll miss the 'color' and no doubt the economy will take a hit, but they seem to be happy the torture is over.
I guess if all those cruiser rides want to "save lives" they'll have to live with being thrown out of towns that aren't made up entirely of deaf people.... er I mean hearing impaired people.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Yup, those loud pipe days need to be done. In the winter here I hardly ever see any loud bikes, almost all stockers like mine. As soon as the weather gets nice the commandos show up with their shiny loud bikes and bad-ass leather togs........

Buncha f'n wank-stains. Hopefully the economic downturn will force them into giving up on "the biker thing" and moving on to something else

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

So....I take it that Myrtle Beach isn't hurting for tax revenue like every other city?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Yup, those loud pipe days need to be done. In the winter here I hardly ever see any loud bikes, almost all stockers like mine. As soon as the weather gets nice the commandos show up with their shiny loud bikes and bad-ass leather togs........

Buncha f'n wank-stains. Hopefully the economic downturn will force them into giving up on "the biker thing" and moving on to something else
It's on it's way. Did you see my comment that the Salt Lake Rolling Thunder shop is now a chicken restaurant?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
It's on it's way. Did you see my comment that the Salt Lake Rolling Thunder shop is now a chicken restaurant?

Yes I did, unemployment is up to early '80's levels, I think you might find that $2500 Evo after all. Just change out the drag pipes for stockers and you're good to go. You can buy stock Harley exhaust all day long on Craigslist for peanuts

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote