Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-06-2002, 06:10 AM   #61
grover750
Founding Member

Default Re: Media hype or a growing concern?

"dressed up like a power ranger"

At least being fully protected has advantages. I bet you'd think I dressed this way, in my roadcrafter, full face Arai, gloves and boots, on my '78 GL1000 or '77 CB750F. Image? Who cares.

Agree with you on the uncomfortable sportbike point, though. Street riding is different than the track.

Ride on.
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2002, 06:11 AM   #62
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Virtually every biker reviles these thug s*****. Pretty much all of us on this BBS agree on this.

So why do so many people go out and buy clothing that is a mirror image of that worn by these thugs? Are we wannabe thugs?

So, let's trace this. Dirt like Hell's Angels go out and start riding Harley's and engaging in myriad criminal activities. They adopt a distinctive look. They gain extreme notoriety for their societal uselessnes and danger. Later, non-s***** buy Harleys and get all dressed up like the s***** and act surprised when people identify the two.

If we really do want to distance ourselves from these animals and their criminal behavior, then let's stop dressing like them.

Duh.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:13 AM   #63
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Well, my sportbiking buddies and I aren't shooting people.....

So then the bikers that were involved in this murderous brawl were just being "stupid" then? I think there is quite a large gap from stupidity to wanton criminal assault and homicide.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:15 AM   #64
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Uh, MO, I am kindof confused with the editing engine. I understand and have no problem with censoring really nasty language, such as phrases describing reproductive activites and equipment.

However, you need to make a better engine. I used the word s-c-u-m and apparently the engine took umbrage at the last three letters. If I were talking about a-c-c-u-m-u-l-a-t-i-n-g a nice moto collection, i would be censored as well.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:18 AM   #65
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Clarification

When I use the term HOG, I don't refer to the Harley Owners Group. Perhaps I should have said "hog". The word "hog" means nothing to me except "Harley".
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:29 AM   #66
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default Same old story. . .

I once walked into a Luby's Cafeteria and found myself surrounded by a hostile group of bikers. They were all wearing liesure suits and red fezzes. They scared the crap out of me, so I left and went to Sizzler. Perhaps the row of Cushman scooters parked outside should have tipped me off. Later on I heard that there was going to be a rumble between the Shriners and the Elks. I didn't stick around to find out, but I can vouch for the story in the Post; this biker gang violence really is getting out of hand.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:32 AM   #67
seruzawa
The Toad

You bring up a good point. When I was in Vietnam I noticed that the backarea clerks in Danang were often very avid at trying to acquire combat gear and be part of the "action". Never mind that after their first "action" they would be more than happy to spend the rest of their tour in the supply depot.

Some form of human nature? It's weird in any case. Maybe it's just some primal urge to impress the fairer sex.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:46 AM   #68
seruzawa
The Toad

Heh heh. Good one.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:54 AM   #69
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Well, my sportbiking buddies and I aren't shooting people.....

Well actually there is little difference between stupidity and criminality. Both are sides of the same coin. Criminals do stupid things and stupid people do criminal things. A squid who is travelling at a hundred plus down Mulholland and kills some girl in a car or some hiker deserves the same punishment (if he lives) as the idiot who takes a shot in the crowd. And the squids who do 100+ down Mulholland are committing criminal acts, regardless of their self-justifications. They should go to the track to kill themselves off and not endanger everyone else.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:03 AM   #70
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So backward baseball caps, shorts and flip-flops don't count as top rated protective gear either?