Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-17-2002, 04:07 AM   #11
JoeSquid
Founding Member

Default Re: Helmet Law in CA

hey longride - sorry to have personally offended you with my remarks, but I feel pretty strongly that not wearing a helmet IS a dumb idea and yes, I don't feel that I should be responsible for other's irresponsibility. As for your other groups mentioned, one can make a case either way and that isn't the issue - it's whether or not helmets should be required. My point was that if people were required to exercise some modi***** of responsibility for their OWN actions, this would be a non-issue. Unfortunately, in this country, trial lawyers have made an industry out of foisting responsibility of poor decisions and irresponsibility on those with the deepest pockets EVEN if that party was in no way connected with the actual circumstances of the injury. Props to you for being a firefighter, but thanks, I don't need any hostile phone calls today. Maybe tomorrow. As for your next post - trust me, I've already responded to him. My point there was to publically humiliate some narrow minded individual. You o.k. with that?
JoeSquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2002, 04:13 AM   #12
JoeSquid
Founding Member

Mike's next email to me:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 5:47 AM

To: Joseph M. Tapia

Subject: Re: Motorcycle.Com Reader M. R Has Feedback For You!

***** no. If you don't like this country, go somewhere else with the Gooks

and Spicks.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:14 AM   #13
JoeSquid
Founding Member

Mike's next email to me:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 5:47 AM

To:

Subject: Re: Motorcycle.Com Reader M. R Has Feedback For You!

***** no. If you don't like this country, go somewhere else with the Gooks

and Spicks.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:14 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

It's simply amazing how many short-sighted people think that it is okay for government to regulate behavior because that behavior might end up costing some taxpayer bucks. Think about it. That philosophy justifies government interference in every single facet of human behavior. Ready for centrally monitored cameras in your homes?

The same logic used to force helmet usage is quite valid to use to ban motorcycles altogether. Don't think the politicians wouldn't do it if it suited them. They don't need any help from motorcyclists who apparently are unable to bring an idea to its logical conclusion.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:14 AM   #15
dcopp
Founding Member

Helmet Laws?? Let's see, These are a good thing. Why is there still a debate on these 'brain buckets'? Because the people who put forth these laws have no brains? oh yeah, they are POLITICIANS, lack of brains are a requirement in that job. Sliding across pavement should be another...just so they can see what it feels like, without the helmet.

Here in Ohio we have an option that I happily took part in; wearing and not wearing the helmet, depending on the weather and my mood. Then one day I was on my way to work and it was bright and sunny and warm, hot really, and I was debating about wearing the thing, but since it was sitting on the bike, and like most people I am a basicly lazy person, I put it on; it was right there after all. Then the ***** turrned in front of me. wiped out my slant-eyed Jap bike, and I ended up in the hospital, out of work for five months and am now happily sporting metal parts in my body...but I can still eat with a fork and wipe my own ass. The guy who was hit on his bike about three minutes after me, on a different road, was not wearing his helmet. He was in a coma for four weeks, and can do none of the things that make life enjoyable, like have sex, wipe his own ass.

I guess what I am trying to say is helemts save more than lives, they save the quality of life you have as well. Yeah, this is America, and yeah, we can chose our quality of life, but I would not wish my five months of pain on anybody, not even with good drugs. Wear the damn helmets. After seeing what some of the riders out there look like, the helmet is a vast improvement anyway.
dcopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 04:16 AM   #16
dcopp
Founding Member

Do you hear voices too? Is the CIA following you? WHY DID THEY LET YOU OUT?
Old 01-17-2002, 04:30 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Personal insults, huh? Guess I hit a live wire.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:31 AM   #18
dcopp
Founding Member

WHY THE ***** SHOULD WE PAY FOR ANY OF THESE GUYS? I paid for my own crash...and it was not my fault. My bank account shows it. That is why insurance exists, to pay for all this *****.

You are saying a helmet was the cause of all these incidents you name? Was it really maybe SPEED? If you hit a solid object at 90 mph, your going to be ****ed no matter what! Shorts and flips flops on a bike?? The guy deserved to be skinned, if not by his momma, then the road.

MAybe Longride, you need to start looking for another job... sounds like you are a little bitter here. And don't tell me I have to see it to know... I do see it. I arrest the kiddie rapers, the wife beaters, the assholes who shoot others over five dollars of rock, and the idiots that cause the accidents that you are talking about. Sit back, have a beer, take a breath and reevaluate your thoughts.

Pay your insurance. Wear a helmet. I know I don't want to pick up the bill for any of these guys. I have a new bike to pay for.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:31 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Ja! Sehr gut!
Old 01-17-2002, 04:33 AM   #20
dcopp
Founding Member

Nope, I just thought that I had you in the back of my cruiser on the way to the Hospital the other night, you heard voices then too...