Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Others

Old 09-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Get yerself a New (old) Crocker!

From Kneeslider.com:

The Crocker Motorcycle Company is now accepting orders for 100 brand new Crocker motorcycles. The price will be about $65,000 and delivery, due to the hand built nature of the process, will be 6 to 8 months after the order is placed.

The new bikes will be identical to the originals in appearance and most parts, except for the new engine and electrical system, will be interchangeable with the originals. The new Crocker Motorcycles will be built in Los Angeles, California, again, just like the originals.

Link: Crocker Motorcycle Company - Official Web Site
end quote...

6 to 8 months!? They must be planning on building each bike when the check clears. And only one guy knows how to do it. And he works only 30 hours a week. And they have to wait for the motor to be delivered.

I wonder where the powertrain is coming from...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I read about these guys in Motorcycle Classics. Their business plan seems sensible, they aren't opening a big plant and hiring a bunch of people, they'll fund their growth organically with sales, and only take orders that they can deliver on. Which is completely different from the bozos who ran the Excelsior-Henderson fiasco. I'll have to dig up the mag and see what else it says about them.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #3
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
From Kneeslider.com:

The Crocker Motorcycle Company is now accepting orders for 100 brand new Crocker motorcycles. The price will be about $65,000 and delivery, due to the hand built nature of the process, will be 6 to 8 months after the order is placed.

The new bikes will be identical to the originals in appearance and most parts, except for the new engine and electrical system, will be interchangeable with the originals. The new Crocker Motorcycles will be built in Los Angeles, California, again, just like the originals.

Link: Crocker Motorcycle Company - Official Web Site
end quote...

6 to 8 months!? They must be planning on building each bike when the check clears. And only one guy knows how to do it. And he works only 30 hours a week. And they have to wait for the motor to be delivered.

I wonder where the powertrain is coming from...
Why does it cost so much to get an old looking bike? I dig the look, but I'll be damned if I shell out 65 grand for a bike.

Again, I really like the look.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote