Registered Member

Default 1968 IZH PLANETA : Classic Russian Motorcycle

1968 IZH PLANETA : Classic Russian Motorcycle

1968 Izh Planeta
350 cc
Two Stroke Single Cylinder Engine
It is in almost perfect condition.
$2500obo

The Izh has only 16 ORIGINAL Miles on it though on the bike it is in kilometers. It reads 28 Kilometers.
Original Tires with full tread.
Tires even state they were made in the USSR.
Comes with the original Manual though it is all in Russian.
Nothing has been altered on this bike. Just new Spark plug and fuel line.
Also the carb has been cleaned.
Brand new Battery and original spark plug provided with motorcycle.
The Izh starts and Runs Perfectly Well, could be driven if future owner wishes.
I don't drive it so it keeps all of it's orginality and quality (no extra miles)

There is a chip out of the paint on the gas tank that was done during the original shipping of the motorcycle to the US in 1968.
My friend owned this Motorcycle for 40 years and it was recently passed along to me.
From what i can tell this motorcycle is very hard to get here in the United States, especially in this condition.
Clean title will be provided

A little History on Izh Motorcycles
The Izh is a well-known producer of weapons (the most famous example is the "Kalashnikov" machine-gun). However, about the production for the civil market, the Izh was not only an automotive factory, but also the main Soviet motorcycle factory before the fall of the USSR, with a production even more massive than the IMZ-Ural. Considering that the Izh was the main Soviet motorcycle factory, and that the USSR was the second producer of motorcycles (after the Japan) until the early '90s, it possible to say that this Russian brand was one of the greatest factories in the world about number of production (11.000.000 of bikes produced since the 1927). But, in spite of these numbers, it's almost totally unknown in the Western countries!
Autosoviet: IZH Moto
this is a website with a little info on the Izh company if interested.

I do have video of the bike running on YOUTUBE

YouTube - 1968 IZH Planeta

$2500obo

you can reach me at 816-529-5227

Last edited by zugsyn : 10-30-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: changed price
zugsyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Gee, I guess parts are real easy to find too, eh? Not like YOU'LL EVER NEED THEM.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
zugsyn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Gee, I guess parts are real easy to find too, eh? Not like YOU'LL EVER NEED THEM.
you know its really not that hard to find parts you just have to order them from russian bt alot of the parts are so basic and tough as long as your nice to it the only thing i cant really see having to replace is the brake pads. and people always have to ask about it which is kinda fun. cuz know one has ever heard of it.but like i said you can still order the parts from izh on there site if its anything major that brakes so far the 2 things i fixed i found at oreilly's auto parts.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

C'mon, Cuddy, it's not like anyone in the market for this would make it his or her daily rider!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
zugsyn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
C'mon, Cuddy, it's not like anyone in the market for this would make it his or her daily rider!

lol yeah that too
Old 09-25-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I dunno 'bout that Willis, I rode a Jawa 90 for 10 years as a daily driver, had to make my own parts out of beer cans and hose clamps, Honda dreamcycle seat springs, cast off Electrolux vacuum cleaner parts, etc. Don't want to EVER go through that again. But since I'm a FREEKING CRIPPLE I guess I don't have to worry about it anymore...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
zugsyn
Registered Member

well i've never orderd the parts but it seems simple
Old 09-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Simple? Try sending money to a former Soviet republik. If you hear a loud sucking noise that's your hard earned parts money being used to change the oil on some politniks ZIL sedan.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #9
zugsyn
Registered Member

lol well the best i can say is everything is like brand new so you wont have to for a long time hopefully
Old 09-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

HAH HAH! I see you never have ridden something built behind the iron curtian before...why do you think the tool kit weighs 50 lbs? And why is there a tow rope included? Good luck.