Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2008 Boulevard C50 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9543)

taxbreak 09-17-2008 09:41 PM

2008 Boulevard C50

This bike has to go, My new lady does not like bikes, and I want to keep her (the lady). The only modification to the bike is that I installed some LED tailights. I am asking $4700 as the bike is less than 1 month old. I bought this more as an impulse after I passed my test, and its not really working out for me, so I would like to get rid of it quickly. Please feel free to call (203) 723-7547 anytime. Thanks for looking..Chris

seruzawa 09-17-2008 09:55 PM

She'll be gone and so will the bike.

sachiwilson 09-18-2008 08:13 AM

So, what have you done to show her you understand the risks and know how to minimize them?

My wife is afraid of motorcycles too, but there was no way in heck I was going to quit, so I talked to her about her fears and how we could best help her handle my riding. One of the things I do is carry a blackberry with me so I can send her a note from time to time letting her know all is well, and where I am. It's a small thing but it works well. I also wear full gear at all times, and I am constantly trying to learn about safe riding techniques. All in all, it has worked for Claire. I am sure there are things you can do to satisfy your friend.

BrowningBAR 09-18-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taxbreak (Post 193860)
This bike has to go, My new lady does not like bikes, and I want to keep her (the lady). The only modification to the bike is that I installed some LED tailights. I am asking $4700 as the bike is less than 1 month old. I bought this more as an impulse after I passed my test, and its not really working out for me, so I would like to get rid of it quickly. Please feel free to call (203) 723-7547 anytime. Thanks for looking..Chris

Do what I did, buy her a bike and teach her to ride. This has many benefits. One being is that you now have two bikes instead of the possibility of having none.

Buzglyd 09-18-2008 08:50 AM

Don't listen to the pansies. You let her win this one you'll be hen-pecked the rest of your life. This is just the first test.

1) Politely tell her you really like bikes. If she objects,

2) Point to front door and give her every opportunity to use it.

Kenneth_Moore 09-18-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 193877)
One of the things I do is carry a blackberry with me

I usually carry a banana cream pie with me. When the ***** starts whining, I turn around and smush it in her face.

MOKE1K 09-24-2008 07:12 AM

Always see these post. And they are sad, if you want to keep it, just keep it. If she really cares she'll let you ride. The comment about getting her a bike is a good compromise, for you at least. You should try it and possibly start with a set of dirt bikes for you and her.

sarnali2 09-24-2008 07:50 AM

I tell them from the start motorcycles are part of my life, I ride whenever I can and I buy new ones whenever I can afford it. My current G/F doesn't ride but she manages not to complain too much, if she did I'd politely tell her it wasn't going to work.

Women are like bus's, you miss one, there's another one right around the corner