Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-wanted/)
-   -   2005 RED SV650S FOR SALE - 1000 miles!!!! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-wanted/8416-2005-red-sv650s-for-sale-1000-miles.html)

tomiskates 06-11-2008 09:05 AM

2005 RED SV650S FOR SALE - 1000 miles!!!!

$5400 Don't miss out on this gorgeous bike! 2005 RED SV650S FOR SALE - 1000 miles!!!! Heely Bars, Fender Eliminater, Carbon Fiber etc...

Please contact me tomiskates@yahoo.com

seruzawa 06-11-2008 09:26 AM

You need to put in a picture and a location. Otherwise people will think that this is a phishing scam. Few people are going to travel very far for a bike.

sachiwilson 06-11-2008 09:46 AM

What the heck is a "heely bar"? Do you rest your heels on it?

12er 06-11-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 186921)
What the heck is a "heely bar"? Do you rest your heels on it?

Stunt bar off the back fender I believe

longride 06-11-2008 12:30 PM

I think he meant 'Heli-Bars" and I think all you guys know what that is.

sarnali2 06-11-2008 01:14 PM

I see.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 186923)
Stunt bar off the back fender I believe

I guess that explains the rear fender being eliminated.......

Those things can't be much more than $5400 new are they?

Kenneth_Moore 06-11-2008 05:25 PM

Properly pronounced "et-see," the carbon-fiber etc. first emerged in the late 1990's in California's sportbike customization scene. Generally considered to be strictly ornamental, the etc. is, in fact a value-add accessory that can increase the resale price of a used bike by as much as $400 to $1000, or more, depending on the model and year of the bike upon which it is installed.

In recent times the carbon-fiber etc. has come to be considered passe' and is rarely seen on newer bikes. Please see Matthew Cuddy's voluminous tome: "Bikes I Used to Ride the Crap Out Of" for more details and photos.

pushrod 06-11-2008 05:49 PM

Ok, got the 'Heely' bars.

Now, what is an 'etc', and why would somebody spend good money on a carbon fiber one?

Kelly Blue Book has it at $4620 retail for my section of the country. That is (of course) for a stock bike with average miles. I don't know if the Red ones are worth more.

pushrod 06-12-2008 06:27 AM

OK, you forum wonks!

How can Ken answer my post (which I posted before he did, obviously), but the forum has his post timestamped at 7:25 and mine at 7:49?

Kenneth_Moore 06-12-2008 06:36 AM

Klazy Ken has transcended time and space. Till the stuff wears off, anyway.

seruzawa 06-12-2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 186990)
....With your television. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are now in control of the transmission. We control the horizontal and the vertical. We can deluge you with a thousand channels, or expand one single image to crystal clarity and beyond. We can shape your vision to anything our imagination can concieve. For the next hour we will control all that you see and hear.......

.... and make you watch Crime Scene Investigation shows until your eyeballs fall out of the sockets.

sarnali2 06-12-2008 07:15 AM

There is Nothing Wrong....

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 186983)
OK, you forum wonks!

How can Ken answer my post (which I posted before he did, obviously), but the forum has his post timestamped at 7:25 and mine at 7:49?

....With your television. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are now in control of the transmission. We control the horizontal and the vertical. We can deluge you with a thousand channels, or expand one single image to crystal clarity and beyond. We can shape your vision to anything our imagination can concieve. For the next hour we will control all that you see and hear.......

pushrod 06-12-2008 08:20 AM

Arrrrgh!

It did it to Snarli and Seru! Seru quoted Snarli's 9:15 post at 8:42!

I'm in 'Linear' display mode...

pushrod 06-12-2008 08:21 AM

I....must....reach....

BrowningBAR 06-12-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 186995)
.... and make you watch Crime Scene Investigation shows until your eyeballs fall out of the sockets.

Coming this Fall, from the creators of CSI, we bring you CSI: Mayberry.

I'm just saying, it's getting a little thin.

pushrod 06-12-2008 09:26 AM

Something is very scwewey awound heaw with the clock!

My above posts were five minutes ago, but the time stamp is nearer an hour different.

Also, it inserted my response in front of BB's later one.

Kenneth_Moore 06-12-2008 09:28 AM

And I can't 'Quick Reply'...

sarnali2 06-12-2008 09:40 AM

Heyso-Cristo guys....didn't you hide behind the couch and watch the Outer Limits when you were a kid?

I didn't know I was the only Sci Fi junkie 'round here..........

"this has Alliance fingerprints all over it, very high military...someones went to a lot of trouble to find your little friend there Mal......."

pushrod 06-12-2008 10:40 AM

Robert Heinlein, P.K. ****, Fred Saberhagen...

One of my favorites was Niven (Ringworld, etc.) and newer; David Brin (Practice Effect, Postman).

And of course, Douglas Adams - R.I.P.

I gotta say the Dune series almost killed me! Things were getting very weird at the end, there.

Kenneth_Moore 06-12-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 187015)
I didn't know I was the only Sci Fi junkie 'round here..........

"

You aren't, I'm an old school guy myself, Asimov, Clarke, (non-carbon) etc.

pushrod 06-12-2008 11:47 AM

This temporal discontinuity is most upsetting!

Somehow my posts are being inserted an hour before I actually hit the 'enter' key!

For instance, the time now is 1348.

pushrod 06-12-2008 11:51 AM

OK, the system is messing with me!

The time test worked perfectly, but the earlier post was five minutes earlier, not an hour and seven, as the time stamp would indicate.

BTW, the author's name is Phillip K. ****, which starts with a 'D' and rhymes with 'chick'.

Among other great stuff, he wrote 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?', which was made into the movie, 'Bladerunner'.

Time of post: 1352

seruzawa 06-12-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 187020)
Robert Heinlein, P.K. ****, Fred Saberhagen...

One of my favorites was Niven (Ringworld, etc.) and newer; David Brin (Practice Effect, Postman).

And of course, Douglas Adams - R.I.P.

I gotta say the Dune series almost killed me! Things were getting very weird at the end, there.

Dune
Dune Messhugenah
Men, Women, children and Pets of Dune
Lord God Help Up another Sequel to Dune
etc
etc
etc

Only the first one was any good. In fact, aside from Dune, Frank Herbert's stories were very depressing.

Now, Jack Vance on the other hand....

seruzawa 06-12-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 187024)
I like newer stuff myself though I've read most of Isaac Asimov's and a lot of Henlien's. Harry Turtledove is a modern day classic.

The "Alliance fingerprints" quote is from the movie Serenity which was based on the show Firefly, both incredibly cool IMO, At least as good as the new BSG and Dr. Who series so of course it was canceled after 14 episodes.....fortunatly they are available as a box set.

I like Turtledove but he's gone down a notch in my eyes by milking that neverending World-At-War series down to a drudgery of repetitive boredom. He should stick with stuff like Guns of the South.

sarnali2 06-12-2008 12:44 PM

I like newer stuff myself though I've read most of Isaac Asimov's and a lot of Henlien's. Harry Turtledove is a modern day classic.

The "Alliance fingerprints" quote is from the movie Serenity which was based on the show Firefly, both incredibly cool IMO, At least as good as the new BSG and Dr. Who series so of course it was canceled after 14 episodes.....fortunatly they are available as a box set.

tripleripple 06-12-2008 02:12 PM

Seriously, what is up with the Forums lately? When I first log on, click on Today's Posts, all the new ones come up. I look thru one thread, click Today's Posts again, and all the new ones are no longer separated. They are all considered "old" now. And the whole timeline thing in the thread is driving me to drink (more).

sachiwilson 06-12-2008 03:34 PM

No idea, TR, but we mods have been talking about it. It's pretty clear an admin is going to have to clean something up.

sarnali2 06-12-2008 06:29 PM

True

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 187025)
I like Turtledove but he's gone down a notch in my eyes by milking that neverending World-At-War series down to a drudgery of repetitive boredom. He should stick with stuff like Guns of the South.

I liked the first three books in that series with the actual fighting, I thought it was an interesting concept and well written. it definately devolved into boredom and mediocraty. Guns of the South is excellent, he also wrote a book of short stories which was really good.

Kenneth_Moore 06-12-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleripple (Post 187026)
I look thru one thread, click Today's Posts again, and all the new ones are no longer separated. They are all considered "old" now.

That is exactly the extremely annoying modus operendi of the Stromtrooper.com site, and I despise it. I have to use the back button to keep the list of new posts; thus having to backpedal through all the page hits, my post edits, etc.

Sachi, you're a highly trained, professional woman. Our fate is in your hands. We'll send a check for the retainer, give you the pick of the next litter of hogs, whatever it takes. HELP!!!!

sachiwilson 06-12-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 187040)
Sachi, you're a highly trained, professional woman.

Uh, actually, being a woman is my avocation. I don't get paid for it; I do it because I enjoy it. ;)

seruzawa 06-12-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 187040)
That is exactly the extremely annoying modus operendi of the Stromtrooper.com site, and I despise it. I have to use the back button to keep the list of new posts; thus having to backpedal through all the page hits, my post edits, etc.

Sachi, you're a highly trained, professional woman. Our fate is in your hands. We'll send a check for the retainer, give you the pick of the next litter of hogs, whatever it takes. HELP!!!!

#1 - Install firefox

#2 Go to you favorite web page, that should be Mo.com/forums/newposts

#3 hold down the ctrl key when clicking on the desired thread you want to read. This will open a new tab in the browser. Both pages you've selected can be seen by clicking on the tabs. You can open as many threads as you want this way without losing the original page.

Pretty slick eh? Only commies use IE any more.

tripleripple 06-12-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 187044)
#1 - Install firefox

#2 Go to you favorite web page, that should be Mo.com/forums/newposts

#3 hold down the ctrl key when clicking on the desired thread you want to read. This will open a new tab in the browser. Both pages you've selected can be seen by clicking on the tabs. You can open as many threads as you want this way without losing the original page.

Pretty slick eh? Only commies use IE any more.

I'm a fairly recent firefox convert and will never go back to IE, what with the commies and all. But thanks for the tip re: clicking links to open new tabs. Tabs are awesome.

The_AirHawk 06-12-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 187031)
No idea, TR, but we mods have been talking about it. It's pretty clear an admin is going to have to clean something up.

Probably gonna have to give the server a virtual biotchslap and then a stern talking-to in a Ward Cleaver tone of Voice...............