Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 05-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #61
BADAZV
Registered Member

I understand what your saying about having to sell for financial reasons. If there is any possible way for you to get the last surgery without having to sell your bike, there are ways that the bike can be adapted to fit your disability Im sure. I just know how I love to ride, and if I was in your shoes, I would FIND a way to pay for the surgery w/o selling the bike so I could ride. But I also realize each persons circumstances are different. Good luck in your decision.
2005 VRSCA: Black Cherry/Black Pearl~Rinehart 2 into 1~SERT~HD DragBars with HD Flame Grips~Flame Pegs~Arlen Ness Mirrors~Custom side plate mount by Arvid Hall~DCL tail light~Sundowner Seat~Misc. Chrome~HD Reactor Wheels with Metzler M880 Tires 260 rear~Amsoil Oil and Filters ~Lyndall Racing Pads~Progressive Suspension(MAW)
BADAZV is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #62
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

AirHawk, that post (#60) was great! I had not seen that video. Makes you realize just how lucky we are to be able to ride... and that nearly any obstacle can be overcome with perseverance! Thanks, dude. (no sarcasm intended)
Old 05-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #63
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
AirHawk, that post (#60) was great! I had not seen that video. Makes you realize just how lucky we are to be able to ride... and that nearly any obstacle can be overcome with perseverance! Thanks, dude. (no sarcasm intended)
At the age of 18, Brett is probably more of a Man than 90% of the population TWICE his age - myself included.

He is the very definition of a Survivor.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #64
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Well, I'm sure he's more of a man than about 51% of the population.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #65
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Well, I'm sure he's more of a man than about 51% of the population.
Present company excluded, dear Sachi.

(and just in case you're wondering why I'm in such a good mood - I finally got my mitts on a copy of Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samauri - an uncut version; and have finally gotten to watch it in its entirety)

(Great Movie, BTW - even with its flaws, well-ahead of its time)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #66
ajpupper24
Registered Member

Wink you guys crack me up

For Sachiwilson...lol...I am taken as well. People always assume that if there are two lesbians somewhere they should hookup. I am married and very happy as well.

As far as selling the bike to pay for my surgery. I wish I could find a way other than this. The problem is, my surgery is out of network. I chose this in order to have the best hand surgeon out there. Due to not being able to work, my income dropped drastically and we just don't have the money to put forth in order to even get it started. I just found out they won't even pay for the demorol (sp?) pump, ice therapy, or nurse to come out and check my bandaging etc. Luckily, the hospital is in-network so that saves a little bit.

I actually just sold the bike yesterday and got a great deal on it, so all is well. I have to just tell myself for now that it is material possessions and I can replace it later. There are thousands of bikes out there and I will be able to get another and ride again someday....even if it is modified. You guys have helped me understand that. I actually feel like a big a_s pu__y thinking I couldn't ever ride after reading all your stories that are way worse than mine. So, thank you all for your positive words and support. You guys rock.

Oh, and a gay forum? That is hilarious guys. I get along with anyone for the most part...lol. I don't segregate myself to just gay people. It would be cool, but I have straight friends too.

Thank you all for giving me a warm welcome here and helping me get my head out of my a_s! Talk soon guys. I will not be online after May 19th for awhile. That is my surgery date now. Wish me luck and say prayers please.
SAD..severe injury leaves me disabled and cannot ever ride again. My freedom of the open road is sadly gone. Have to sell my 2006 Triumph Speedmaster 865cc to pay for my upcoming surgery. Need support and comfort.
ajpupper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #67
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I think Sachi was responding to another post. She has a hard time posting in the right spot at times.

She's a lawyer and a techno geek...but can't figure out how to post responses, yet.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #68
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Oh come on. I did it right that time!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #69
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Oh come on. I did it right that time!
*sigh*

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #70
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Hey we just wanted to watch, no one said anything about getting married.... sheesh, Women.....

Well dang it Airhawk, another Kurosawa fan! I guess you're not the overhaul wearing toothless hill scroggin I envisioned after all...a cultured hillbilly, who'd have guessed eh? Kagemusha is my fav, though Seven Samuri is cool too.

I just bought Humphry Bogart in "Sahara" about a tank crew defending a dry waterhole against a German division, an excellent '40's flag waver......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote