Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 06:41 AM   #1
kenspank
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2
Default WANTED: 1997-1999 Triumph Speed Triple

I'm looking for a Speed Triple that has over 30k miles and an owner willing to sell for less than $2000. I really like the style of the speed triple, but I'm a new rider, so I don't want to spend a lot on a new bike.
kenspank is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2008, 06:52 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Dang. I'd like one of those too!

I'll pay $2100! Contact me first!

You should get some experience before getting a freaking Speed Triple. Yikes! A newbie on as Speed Triple is a recipe for disaster. Hope you have a lot of self-restraint.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."

Last edited by seruzawa : 04-14-2008 at 06:55 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:14 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenspank View Post
I'm looking for a Speed Triple that has over 30k miles and an owner willing to sell for less than $2000. I really like the style of the speed triple, but I'm a new rider, so I don't want to spend a lot on a new bike.
Speed triple for under 2 grand? I'll take two please! I'm an old rider, and I don't want to spend a lot on a new bike either. I'm actually waiting for those 3 grand Evo's to show up like Seruzawa promised they would.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator
 
sachiwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,609
Default

A Speed Triple would NOT be a good first bike. Go to the Learning to Ride section of the forum and check out the sticky thread there on appropriate bikes.
__________________
Frappé LaRue
*Safety Queen*
Are you a Rounder?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"

Last edited by sachiwilson : 04-14-2008 at 08:52 AM.
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
A Speed Triple would NOT be a good first bike. Go to the Learning to Ride section of the forum and check out the sticky post there on appropriate bikes.
Are you kiddin' me? It's a FANTASTIC First Bike! What better way to learn exactly HOW High Medical Bills can go, or exactly HOW Much Pain a Man (or Woman!) can endure?

If a person is lookin' for a Test of their Moto-bravery (or Moto-stupidity, same-alike), this one is the Finals............
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #6
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Ummm, hi? I'm new here. I'm a new rider and looking for a Bimota Tesi for under a grand. It's ok if it has a few miles on it or is a little dirty.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default You've come to the right place, young man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Ummm, hi? I'm new here. I'm a new rider and looking for a Bimota Tesi for under a grand. It's ok if it has a few miles on it or is a little dirty.

as it happens I have not one but two Bimotas and a few MV 's..send me your addy. and money order for 999.99 and I'll ship one out to you by return mail...
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #8
kenspank
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2
Default

Someone recently sold one in Vermont for $800. They needed some quick money for school, so I figure there's probably other motivated sellers out there.

Thanks for the word of caution but I should be okay with the 950 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Dang. I'd like one of those too!

I'll pay $2100! Contact me first!

You should get some experience before getting a freaking Speed Triple. Yikes! A newbie on as Speed Triple is a recipe for disaster. Hope you have a lot of self-restraint.

Last edited by sachiwilson : 04-14-2008 at 12:08 PM.
kenspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

"Someone recently sold one in Vermont for $800."

When you actually buy one for 800 bucks post a picture of it. That seller wasn't 'motivated'. He was stupid or selling a boat anchor.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
as it happens I have not one but two Bimotas and a few MV 's..send me your addy. and money order for 999.99 and I'll ship one out to you by return mail...
Do you ship to Nigeria? I live in a palace and I've got 40 million stuck in a bank account and haven't been able to get it out.

Can you help me with that too?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off