Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 02-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
66Bonny
Registered Member

Default 2001 Kawasaki W650 Wanted to Buy

I'm looking for a 2001 W650 to buy within 1000 miles of Florida and will consider going even further. Ideally low mileage, stock, and great condition.Call if you even know of one somewhere that MIGHT be bought!
66Bonny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Call HOW?

Jeeze.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

It's an unlisted number.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
pushrod
Founding Member

Why would someone with a handle like "66bonny" want a W650 when they can get a Triumph twin in a variety of configurations, with several year models to choose from, and with performance mods available?

I mean, the W650 is an OK bike, but...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Because the modern Triumphs are less like the old ones than the W650, I suspect. Triumphs are lovely bikes, and I wouldn't mind one, but the new ones are not much like the old 650s. (I had a 64 Bonneville myself.)

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Why would someone with a handle like "66bonny" want a W650 when they can get a Triumph twin in a variety of configurations, with several year models to choose from, and with performance mods available?

I mean, the W650 is an OK bike, but...
Did you ever own an old Bonnie? Fun bikes but hardly something you could rely on. The W650 gives a similar experience without all the cursing.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #7
pushrod
Founding Member

Seru,

No - I've never owned one, but a couple of buddies are all over the old Triumph Twins. One has nine or so.

My point was the W650 was a nice enough bike, but (I heard) they were not powerful enough for the super-slab, and as far as I know, were available for only a couple (2?) years.

Unless you look closely, the new Triumph twins are fairly faithful to the old bikes. Yeah, the tailpipe has a kink in it. However, they are worlds better technologically. Heck, the headlights almost always work, and the oil stays in the engine until you uncork it.

A "professional" review of the two bikes is here: Kawasaki W650 and Triumph Bonneville - Road Test & Review - Motorcyclist Online

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Had me a '56 T110 that some dude put tried to rebuild hisef and put one size under pistons in the dang thing and it had about as much compression as a dang Studebaker with 1 million miles on it. After I fixed the top end the dang Amal Monobloc broke it's slide and got stuck in the intake valve and screwed up the top end again, then I ditched the whole dang top end and put a bonnie dual carb setup on it, but I didn't have a throttle assembly for the two carbs so I used one off an old 360 Husky induro with universal throttle cables that were about three feet too long and one time they hooked on my bicycle when I wuz drivin home through the driveway drunk on ranier ale and the Truimph went full throttle and started jumpin' all over the backyard knocking things over, an put a big dent in my moms Van and I had to jump on the dang sickle and yank the plug wires out of the magneto before it stopped all worn out like and wheezy. That wuz it for that dang triumph since my mom had a big dent in her van and it tore up the back yard pretty dang good too. So I bought me an RD350 and hell, I tore that up too.... dang it.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
w650wrider
Registered Member

Default 2001 W650 Geen/Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Bonny View Post
I'm looking for a 2001 W650 to buy within 1000 miles of Florida and will consider going even further. Ideally low mileage, stock, and great condition.Call if you even know of one somewhere that MIGHT be bought!
Many extras Pipes stage 3 jet kit Corbin seat Synthetic oil used K&N Filters
new Tires saddle bags windshield luggage rack about $1200 in upgrades!!!

$4600 and drive it home 386-788-4862 No-Emails please Photos upon request
w650wrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #10
w650wrider
Registered Member

Default 2001 w650

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Bonny View Post
I have one showroom cond will post on Cycle trader if you dont want it 386-788-4862
w650wrider is offline   Reply With Quote