Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Actually it did have color matched saddlebags. I just took them off and now I have to cover those ugly holes in the fender.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 AM   #22
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Actually it did have color matched saddlebags. I just took them off and now I have to cover those ugly holes in the fender.
Really? Is the Knuck a touring model? I don't think they named them with the "FLH" designation back then but whatever the equivalent was. "DuoGlide," maybe?

Post a photo, love to see it.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:21 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

It's kind of a cross between chopper and bagger. When I get the cash I am going to put it back to original. No pics here at work. Buz has a pic of it with him on it. He rode it last summer when he was hanging out here.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
It's kind of a cross between chopper and bagger. When I get the cash I am going to put it back to original. No pics here at work. Buz has a pic of it with him on it. He rode it last summer when he was hanging out here.
I didn't just ride it. I dominated it!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 AM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Post up the picture you bum!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #26
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default Todays History lesson...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Really? Is the Knuck a touring model? I don't think they named them with the "FLH" designation back then but whatever the equivalent was. "DuoGlide," maybe?

Post a photo, love to see it.

Knuckleheads are 61 inch EL models, the FL and FLH (for high compression) designations didn't come out untill the '48 Panhead available in 61 and 74 inch displacements. The Hydra Glide designation came out in '49 to reflect the Hydraulic forks as opposed to springers. The Duo Glide designation came out in '58 to designate swingarm rear suspension as well as front. With the addition of an electric starter in '65 came the Electra Glide ,67 saw the Shovelhead debut and in 1970 the AMF take over and the alternator charging system with it's disinctive cone instead of a flat side and generator became the Shovelhead Cone motor...

Know which was the first swingarm model Harley??... The '53 K model, the flathead predesseor of todays Sportster.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Knuckleheads are 61 inch EL models, the FL and FLH (for high compression) designations didn't come out untill the '48 Panhead available in 61 and 74 inch displacements. The Hydra Glide designation came out in '49 to reflect the Hydraulic forks as opposed to springers. The Duo Glide designation came out in '58 to designate swingarm rear suspension as well as front. With the addition of an electric starter in '65 came the Electra Glide ,67 saw the Shovelhead debut and in 1970 the AMF take over and the alternator charging system with it's disinctive cone instead of a flat side and generator became the Shovelhead Cone motor...

Know which was the first swingarm model Harley??... The '53 K model, the flathead predesseor of todays Sportster.
Facts and data, please!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #28
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Facts and data, please!
The Al Gore of Harleydom.

NO LR, DON'T START! I'M JUST KIDDING, OKAY!?!?!?
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Now I'm starting??? I was here minding my own business!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:35 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Knuckleheads are 61 inch EL models, the FL and FLH (for high compression) designations didn't come out untill the '48 Panhead available in 61 and 74 inch displacements. The Hydra Glide designation came out in '49 to reflect the Hydraulic forks as opposed to springers. The Duo Glide designation came out in '58 to designate swingarm rear suspension as well as front. With the addition of an electric starter in '65 came the Electra Glide ,67 saw the Shovelhead debut and in 1970 the AMF take over and the alternator charging system with it's disinctive cone instead of a flat side and generator became the Shovelhead Cone motor...

Know which was the first swingarm model Harley??... The '53 K model, the flathead predesseor of todays Sportster.
HD added a 74 inch Knucklehead in 1941. I don't remember the designation. Don't care really.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off