Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 02-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Actually it did have color matched saddlebags. I just took them off and now I have to cover those ugly holes in the fender.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 AM   #22
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Actually it did have color matched saddlebags. I just took them off and now I have to cover those ugly holes in the fender.
Really? Is the Knuck a touring model? I don't think they named them with the "FLH" designation back then but whatever the equivalent was. "DuoGlide," maybe?

Post a photo, love to see it.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:21 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It's kind of a cross between chopper and bagger. When I get the cash I am going to put it back to original. No pics here at work. Buz has a pic of it with him on it. He rode it last summer when he was hanging out here.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
It's kind of a cross between chopper and bagger. When I get the cash I am going to put it back to original. No pics here at work. Buz has a pic of it with him on it. He rode it last summer when he was hanging out here.
I didn't just ride it. I dominated it!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 AM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Post up the picture you bum!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #26
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Todays History lesson...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Really? Is the Knuck a touring model? I don't think they named them with the "FLH" designation back then but whatever the equivalent was. "DuoGlide," maybe?

Post a photo, love to see it.

Knuckleheads are 61 inch EL models, the FL and FLH (for high compression) designations didn't come out untill the '48 Panhead available in 61 and 74 inch displacements. The Hydra Glide designation came out in '49 to reflect the Hydraulic forks as opposed to springers. The Duo Glide designation came out in '58 to designate swingarm rear suspension as well as front. With the addition of an electric starter in '65 came the Electra Glide ,67 saw the Shovelhead debut and in 1970 the AMF take over and the alternator charging system with it's disinctive cone instead of a flat side and generator became the Shovelhead Cone motor...

Know which was the first swingarm model Harley??... The '53 K model, the flathead predesseor of todays Sportster.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Knuckleheads are 61 inch EL models, the FL and FLH (for high compression) designations didn't come out untill the '48 Panhead available in 61 and 74 inch displacements. The Hydra Glide designation came out in '49 to reflect the Hydraulic forks as opposed to springers. The Duo Glide designation came out in '58 to designate swingarm rear suspension as well as front. With the addition of an electric starter in '65 came the Electra Glide ,67 saw the Shovelhead debut and in 1970 the AMF take over and the alternator charging system with it's disinctive cone instead of a flat side and generator became the Shovelhead Cone motor...

Know which was the first swingarm model Harley??... The '53 K model, the flathead predesseor of todays Sportster.
Facts and data, please!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #28
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Facts and data, please!
The Al Gore of Harleydom.

NO LR, DON'T START! I'M JUST KIDDING, OKAY!?!?!?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Now I'm starting??? I was here minding my own business!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:35 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post

HD added a 74 inch Knucklehead in 1941. I don't remember the designation. Don't care really.