Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 01-18-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
katalystxxl18
Registered Member

Default f/s 06 yamaha yzf600r thundercat $5,200 obo

i got to sell my baby, college is getting a little too expensive, here we go: i'm selling my 06 yzf600r thundercat for $5,200. obo. a little backstory about this bike, its my first bike. i taught myself how to ride a motorcycle on this and i did fall over coming to a stop at a stop sign. there are minor scratches on the left fairing and stator cover. they are not deep, cuz u can move your hand over it and not feel anything but smooth. in the fall somehow i managed to chip a small 1in. x 1in. piece in the wheel fender. also, i dont know how they got there but there are 2 very small white scratches on the tail piece by the passenger hand grips. also, the speedometer back light will not light up above 100mph. i never do any night riding so i never got this fixed. unless you plan on excessive speeding at night there shouldn't be any problem.

i have added flushmounts but i lost the screw to one side so i taped it on. i just never have gotten around to gluing it on properly. everything works the way it's suppose to so other than the above mentioned little flaws, the bike and engine is in perfect condition. the thundercat is no longer manufactured so this is a great deal at getting one of the last ones made with really really low miles.

all the pics can be found here: katalystxxl18 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

the engine has right under 4 thousand miles and runs perfectly. i'm asking $5,200 obo for the bike because kelly blue book values it between 4,800 and 6,200. if your interested in this bike please feel free to either email me at niteraven1@aol.com or call me at 228-229-8981 you can reach me anytime of day or night. thanks for looking!

Last edited by katalystxxl18 : 01-18-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: missed quoted a price
katalystxxl18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Where do you live?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

NADA sez: Suggested retail = $7099

Average retail = $5655

I salute you for avoiding the "You buy now from Klazy Ken" overhype.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
katalystxxl18
Registered Member

the bike is in Biloxi Mississippi.. i'm in school in chattanooga TN till the summer though.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:08 AM   #5
katalystxxl18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
NADA sez: Suggested retail = $7099

Average retail = $5655

I salute you for avoiding the "You buy now from Klazy Ken" overhype.
i just want to get this bike out of my name. i bought a new r6 and cant really afford the 600r anymore
Old 01-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #6
katalystxxl18
Registered Member

is no one interested at all?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:29 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalystxxl18 View Post
is no one interested at all?
Bad time of year. Did you try Craigslist? Is there a local on-line classified ads provider? In Salt Lake the TV station, KSL, runs free internet ads. I've bought and sold several bikes using it. See if something like that is available.

It's hard to sell a commonly available bikes long distance. Why travel across several States when there are a dozen nearby?
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 AM   #8
pplassm
Founding Member

Not only that, but the bike hasn't changed in 10 years. I can buy a '97 with the same miles for half that. Sorry to be a downer, but that's just the way it is.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:08 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Good thing they didn't change it in the last 10 years, because if they did, you could buy that model with the same miles on it for a third of his price.