Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
You are so right. My bikes are not negotiable. Girlfriend, wife, or kid(s) not withstanding.
I'd say if this is how his relationship is starting off, he's in some DEEP shyt!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #12
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

I'm sorry to hear all this. My second divorce went thru on 12 Dec, outstanding. The bike is in the house and yes there are parts in the kitchen, uh because that's were the coffee pot is ok.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #13
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Although I agree that it's a losing proposition to start giving up cherished things to satisfy a spouse, not everyone has the same passion for riding that the regulars here do. I'd prefer to think our poster isn't giving up much of importance to him to keep his new wife happy.

My honey Claire was scared about my riding, by the way, and I am sure at the beginning of our relationship she would have preferred that I not ride. Instead, we agreed that I'd send her a text message every so often so she would know I was ok. She still worries but the fact that I care about her concerns and do what I can to assuage them is a big help for her, and is a satisfactory compromise for us both.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
I'd prefer to think our poster isn't giving up much of importance to him to keep his new wife happy.
Now if that isn't wishful thinking, I don't know what is! I found out the hard way that giving up things to 'keep someone happy' will surely make you miserable, and secondly rarely make that other person 'happy', which now results in two miserable people. Since I now have someone that understands that not giving up the things I love makes me happy, which will make our relationship better, which will make her happy. I had no qualms about telling anyone that I will not give up riding far them or anyone else. If they don't like it, fine, if they do, fine, but just don't try to stop me from doing it. Glad you worked it out with your gal there Sachi!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #15
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Yup, yup two people compromising for each other eventually leads to two, count 'em, two miserable people. This isn't Disney Land. If you can make it work I applaud you and wish you no ill. Yeah happiness, or a reasonable facsimilie thereof.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

My second wife tried to get me to give up riding, though I told her all along it was non negotiable. At one point I was without a bike for about 3 months because we were flat broke with two babies in diapers. I sold my Airhead R100RT to some guy to get us through, finally came up with some extra bucks and bought my Sabre for $1100 bucks. I rode that for about 6 months, saved some more, sold it and bought a well used ZX1000R that I rode for 3 or 4 years untill I could get my new '97 VFR. She was against it the whole time but I basically told her to stuff it, the kids were fed and clothed, the bills were paid and she had her car to drive. She'd get bent everytime I bought a new bike but by then I was so sick of her sh*t I didn't even care.

The girl friend I have now isn't into bikes but so far is cool with me riding them, if that ever changes then she'll be history too. I found out a long time ago that women were .....gifts from god and their every whim must be catered to.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by seruzawa : 01-14-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Protecting sarnali from the Sachi Tomahawk Chop.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I found out a long time ago that women were like taxi's, you miss one there's another one right around the corner..
I think Sachi should give you the 'Tomahawk Chop' for that one!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #18
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Why? It's true.

Of course, you can say the same thing about men. Probably even more so, given how they hit on everyone with boobs.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Now if that isn't wishful thinking, I don't know what is! I found out the hard way that giving up things to 'keep someone happy' will surely make you miserable, and secondly rarely make that other person 'happy', which now results in two miserable people. Since I now have someone that understands that not giving up the things I love makes me happy, which will make our relationship better, which will make her happy. I had no qualms about telling anyone that I will not give up riding far them or anyone else. If they don't like it, fine, if they do, fine, but just don't try to stop me from doing it. Glad you worked it out with your gal there Sachi!
I find that women who are scared of motorcycles are also scared of a lot of other things. More things than I am willing to deal with. There are plenty of women out there who aren't scared of their own shadows. Why settle for less?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Yes, that's right gifts from God indeed, 'specially you Sachi, did I ever tell you how hot you look in those leathers? how beautiful your eyes are? how they sparkle like diamonds when I look into them after we hit a good section of corners, me trying but failing to keep up with you and your superior ridng skills? I....I know you think I'm full of it... a typical man and that's true but since I've known you you make me want to be better than that, better than I thought I could be Sachi, just so I can try and live up to your expectations...Even if it's just for an after ride coffee, just to be near you is enough..more than I could hope for...

(Dude you think she's buyin' it????)

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 01-14-2008 at 01:22 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote