Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 12-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #21
chrishere0
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentgrayfellow View Post
What's up with Honda owner's thinking thier bikes are worth a premium? Every time I look at a used Honda (bike or car, for that matter), they are listed at high retail or more, and more often than not are clapped out.

Oh, and just becuase some guy on e-bay is asking a certain dollar amount for a similar motorcycle doesn't make that a reasonable asking price. It's your bike though, ask whatever you want for it.
I have been working with,on,and around motorcycles for a very long time now and through my years i have found that more often than not the majority of motorcycles, in general are "clapped out" because they are not usually daily transportation but toys in witch to release the frustration of the 9-5 grind and the words of the mouth you last heard on the way out the driveway and the reason your cell is ringing after you get five miles down the road even though she knows damn right well you are on the bike and you cant answer her next stupid question,(how long you gona be) but she leaves a message anyway so the stupid thing just keeps ringing and ringing and ringing till before you know it, you have only ridden to the first bar. but my point is that certain machines can take the abuse better than others and ask for little more than a couple gallons of gas and a good washing and waxing. And as far as the manufacturer honda goes they happen to make alot of machines that come out of the test with flying colors. Why bother lookin at the hondas if you allready know off the line that the owners are going to ask a premium. keep buying junk, i'd rather ride than repair.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2007, 07:29 AM   #22
pplassm
Founding Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishere0 View Post
I have been working with,on,and around motorcycles for a very long time now and through my years i have found that more often than not the majority of motorcycles, in general are "clapped out" because they are not usually daily transportation but toys in witch to release the frustration of the 9-5 grind and the words of the mouth you last heard on the way out the driveway and the reason your cell is ringing after you get five miles down the road even though she knows damn right well you are on the bike and you cant answer her next stupid question,(how long you gona be) but she leaves a message anyway so the stupid thing just keeps ringing and ringing and ringing till before you know it, you have only ridden to the first bar. but my point is that certain machines can take the abuse better than others and ask for little more than a couple gallons of gas and a good washing and waxing. And as far as the manufacturer honda goes they happen to make alot of machines that come out of the test with flying colors. Why bother lookin at the hondas if you allready know off the line that the owners are going to ask a premium. keep buying junk, i'd rather ride than repair.

Excellent response, Sir.

May I suggest paying to upgrade to premium membership so you can entertain us further?
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #23
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Excellent response, Sir.

May I suggest paying to upgrade to premium membership so you can entertain us further?
Ditto. We need more surly, opinionated, "no-nonsense" folkers around here.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #24
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Frankenstein never scared me.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #25
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Frankenstein never scared me.

That's "Fronkenstein"........

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:22 AM   #26
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
That's "Fronkenstein"........
That's "Eye-gore."
Old 12-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
If you do find that guy that buys that thing for $3600, can you give me his name? I have a bridge to sell him. It's a reliable bridge too.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #28
chrishere0
Registered Member

Kelly blue book retail value is $3170
Old 12-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Kelly blue book retail value is $3170
Sounds like less than your $3600 already.
You didn't read the fine print:

"The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions. "

As far as I know, you aren't a dealer, and as it says, 'the final sale price will likely be less'. Just throwing that out there for informational purposes.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 AM   #30
vermicious
Registered Member

I had a '95 Honda Shadow VLX. That was a great little bike. I literally cried all over the plates when I had to sell it.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote