Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 10-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
No, mines an '05, last year for 5 speeds and carburators. I agree, a six speed on an HD is not much use really.
I'm still trying to figure out why anybody needs more than 4 speeds. All I had to do was put a bigger sprocket on the LR and it runs along with the traffic just fine. The Kawi has six speeds which simply serve to confuse me; I constantly shift up unnecessariy one extra time because I lost count at five.

I don't know if y'all noticed, but this bike has a RUBBER MOUNTED MOTOR! That's gotta be worth $$10k all by itself.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2007, 06:39 AM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
No, mines an '05, last year for 5 speeds and carburators. I agree, a six speed on an HD is not much use really. The ratios on the 5 speed are well suited for the 88's powerband, 90 in 5th is around 3.5~4k- which is where the motor like to run. One thing I notice with the 88 is it likes to rev, I bounce it off redline in all 5 gears and it eats it up and begs for more.

I don't see much point in loping along at 2k RPM all day in 6th and around here with all the hills you're really not going to use it anyway. Maybe if you're going across like Colorado or Kansas or something where it's pancake city you could just idle along but I don't see much use for it here.
The six-speed has an overdrive for sixth that is useful for hauling ass down the interstate. I rode the Street Bob with the six, and if you are doing 90 - 95 on the pike, the bike is very comfy at those speeds. Anything higher than 75, and the six-speed comes into play. I wish I had a six on my Bagger, because if you are on the tollway here and not doing at least 80, you will get run over. They way I see it, it doesn't hurt to have it available.