Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-wanted/)
-   -   I have the 196th Victory ever made. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-wanted/17196-i-have-196th-victory-ever-made.html)

The_AirHawk 12-10-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTMasters (Post 253101)
then I remembered that bikers aren't what they used to be. Now, anyone can ride a motorcycle. There are hardly any real outlaw bikers anymore, or, at least, they aren't hiding behind their computers. Instead you go to the occasional over-crowded rally, and the rest of the time you're a bunch of beer belly geeks typing away at the computer, with sissy bikes in the garage- the fancy bmw you got with your retirement fund, or the plastic rice burner that sounds like a chainsaw.

Ah, you certainly pegged everyone here......

pplassm 12-13-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 253096)
Great, just great!

A new guy comes to visit the site, and y'all just run him off!

Jeez!

What else is new? This isn't the first time, ya now.

silentgrayfellow 12-13-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTMasters (Post 253101)
Hi donkies.

:confused: WTF is a donkie?

The_AirHawk 12-13-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentgrayfellow (Post 253217)
:confused: WTF is a donkie?

Take a good look in the Mirror, heehaw.

You George Bush Lovin', Beer-Belly-fillin', black-and-white typin', computer-keyboard-hidin', fancy BMW-Retirement-Fund Ridin', plastic crotch-cricket wheelie-pullin' donkey, not-a-1-percenter-or-even-a-REAL-Biker you.....

Dr_Sprocket 12-13-2010 08:59 PM

Yes. I shall NOT ride my bike tomorrow because I am a poseur of the grandest proportions. Never mind the almost 40,000 miles ridden over the past six years. Those were all a figment of my imagination.

(What a tweet!)

A Star Ride 12-13-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 253227)
Yes. I shall NOT ride my bike tomorrow because I am a poseur of the grandest proportions. Never mind the almost 40,000 miles ridden over the past six years. Those were all a figment of my imagination.

(What a tweet!)

It's more about the "outlaw" part. REAL bikers ride 2500 miles in 13 years, and their mothers get passed arround at Pagan parades.

sarnali2 12-14-2010 08:45 AM

Weeeeell, you know, ya got yer reeal bikers, then ya got yer computer commandos...........

I guess since we're sitting here typing this **** instead of propping up a bar stool while I bikes sit out in the parking lot we know where we stand......

notabiker 12-14-2010 10:26 AM

I HAVE A 06 VICTORY 8 BALL, GREAT BIKE BUT A BAD INVESTMENT.
AFTER PAYING ON IT FOR 4 YEARS IT STILL IS NOT WORTH WHAT I OWE ON IT IF I TRIED TO SELL IT.
THAT PRETTY MUCH COVERS ALL BIKES TODAY EVEN HDs.

trenttheuncatchable 12-14-2010 11:01 AM

Bikes are not investments. [Yes, there are (a very, very few) exceptions.]

The_AirHawk 12-14-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable (Post 253268)
Bikes are not investments. [Yes, there are (a very, very few) exceptions.]

NO vehicle is really an "Investment"; but it's a pyss-poor one even if it's that exception to the rule. Those that paid $200,000 for a Hemi 'Cuda back in the '90s sure feel stupid if they bought it for more than the Love of the car - IF they can get more for it than they paid (hah-HAH!), that money would be worth WAY more if it had been put into a Mutual Fund instead - even with the Recession.