Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
Hydra Sports
Registered Member

Default Custom Kawasaki KZ 1000 for sale

This bike has just been put up for auction at eBay. You can find this auction at Kawasaki : KZ 1000 : eBay Motors (item 290422139484 end time Apr-12-10 18:03:14 PDT) If this link does not work go to eBay and look up item number 290422139484. Here's a bike that you just don't find in this kind of shape any longer!! A 2 year frame off restoration was performed with this bike with a huge amount of custom parts fabricated for it including; Wheels glass beaded with 3 coats of clear. Brakes rebuilt, with custom drilled rotors and rebuilt calipers. Motor stripped, glass beaded and urethaned. Frame sandblasted and urethaned as well. Motor has 6K, speedo is new at roughly 200. Carbs rebuilt, complete valve adjustment, and tune up. New Clutch, New Tires, All cables replaced. Custom racing Cambell Xpipe header system. All hand controls, and switches replaced Tank and tailpiece, side covers, stripped beaded and urethaned. Seat custom built by Tops Sebastian, FL.; Fairing custom built by Streetfighters USA with dual headlights and hidden LED turn signals and custom rear LED brake lights. I have receipts on rebuild and costs. I have spent thousands more on this bike getting it to where it is now then what I am asking for here. Economic times have hit hard and this is a great opportunity to make my loss a huge gain for you.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words... I feel these 4 speak volumes. I have more detail photos and can take photos of anything you would like. Please feel free to contact me at smcolli@snet.net or hydrasports212@yahoo.com or call me at 860.887.5976 if no-one answers please leave a message.

Starting auction price is $3,750 with no reserve with a buy it now for $5,500. If you would like any further info/photos please feel free to call me or e-mail me.

If photos do not show up in add please click on links below to see photos.

Thank you,
Steve

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P4150009-600.jpg (63.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P4150012-600.jpg (71.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P4150015-600.jpg (79.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P4150017-600.jpg (79.7 KB, 0 views)
Hydra Sports is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Um, didn't you already post this? Like, a while ago?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:13 AM   #3
pplassm
Founding Member

And it's still too expensive.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
And it's still too expensive.
I'm interested in seeing what people are willing to pay for it. Though it would probably be worth more if it were bone stock.

A lady I know has her son's old KZ900, bone stock, sitting in her garage for the last 10 years. It might be worth getting it running and posting it for bid.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I'm interested in seeing what people are willing to pay for it. Though it would probably be worth more if it were bone stock.

A lady I know has her son's old KZ900, bone stock, sitting in her garage for the last 10 years. It might be worth getting it running and posting it for bid.
In Chicago, these bikes go for $2500 to $3500 depending on rarity and stock condition. If someone has an original early Z1 in perfectly stock condition, then the price may go as high as $5000. Maybe. Lesson here. Just becuase you put 5 or 6 grand in, doesn't mean you will get it out. This is especially true of older Japanese motorcycles.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Hydra Sports
Registered Member

I agree. I put roughly $8,000 into this bike so I thought less then half was a pretty fair starting price. Maybe - maybe not only time will tell, however there was a green KZ on line with a bid over $6,000 and perhaps my opinion is slighted but it is not nearly half as nice looking as the KZ I have up for sale.
Hydra Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

For someone just looking for a bike this is a late '70's Kawasaki for what, $5500 bucks?

Your buyer is going to be someone who's totally into MadMax retro Cafe` bikes and doesn't mind paying top dollar for a nice one.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
jbsmino
Registered Member

Your Bike Is Bad And I Know It Will Scream You Did A Really Good Job Be Proud Of Your Work It Is Worth $5500. And More Old School Kawasaki Lover
jbsmino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #9
jbsmino
Registered Member

Thumbs up Bad To The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmino View Post
Your Bike Is Bad And I Know It Will Scream You Did A Really Good Job Be Proud Of Your Work It Is Worth $5500. And More Old School Kawasaki Lover
THE DRILLED ROTORS LOOKED GOOD AND WILL HELP KEEP THE BRAKES A LITTLE COOLER
jbsmino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Didja ever sell this thing, Hydra? If so, do you mind tellin' what you got for it?

Hope it was satisfactory.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote