Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Just so when my son gets older....."

You have a son? How old?

3yrs old hes ready this year to ride something with training wheels.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
3yrs old hes ready this year to ride something with training wheels.
How long til you get him the NS50?
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Thinking of doing CRF50 or something similar before he gets on the pavement. Due to the economy Iam thinking of selling off the race bike and get a flat tracker. Much cheaper and when you crash it doesnt explode on impact.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Thinking of doing CRF50 or something similar before he gets on the pavement. Due to the economy Iam thinking of selling off the race bike and get a flat tracker. Much cheaper and when you crash it doesnt explode on impact.
Training on dirt is always good. That way they have the muscle memory to recover when the street tires start sliding out on them.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Training on dirt is always good. That way they have the muscle memory to recover when the street tires start sliding out on them.
Totally agree. Thats one problem with the sportbike rider to learn or anyone forthat matter. When in doubt gas it out.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off