Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 06-09-2009, 05:33 AM   #61
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

$40 in paint and primer from Colorite and a few hours in the garage would really help you sell that bike. Anybody with money to spend is going to pass yours by for one that isn't scraped up.

Just a thought, since you asked and everything.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2009, 06:23 AM   #62
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
$40 in paint and primer from Colorite and a few hours in the garage would really help you sell that bike. Anybody with money to spend is going to pass yours by for one that isn't scraped up.

Just a thought, since you asked and everything.

Exactly. Ain't no one going to buy a clapped out ZXCBYZ-RRRRRR when they can find pristine examples for the same money.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #63
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
Exactly. Ain't no one going to buy a clapped out ZXCBYZ-RRRRRR when they can find pristine examples for the same money.
No one is going to pay anywhere near book value in today's economy. Better think of more like a thousand dollar discount. The local classifieds are full of cruisers and RRs still there week after week. All with book value listings. Good luck with that. The only bikes that seem to be moving are DPs.

Have you seen the interest rates and loan qualifications lately?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #64
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So yooz guys are saying dat dis bike ain't gonna sell?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #65
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So yooz guys are saying dat dis bike ain't gonna sell?
Not at near book. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. We're at 13% unemployment. People are more concerned about keeping a roof over their heads than having another luxury item.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #66
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Not at near book. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. We're at 13% unemployment. People are more concerned about keeping a roof over their heads than having another luxury item.
Luxury item? LUXURY ITEM??? I think not, Sir. For what is a man without a motorcycle? Naught but a soulless shell, a meat puppet, an empty vessel of doo doo.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #67
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Luxury item? LUXURY ITEM??? I think not, Sir. For what is a man without a motorcycle? Naught but a soulless shell, a meat puppet, an empty vessel of doo doo.

I prefer "meatbag" or "puny flesh creature"
Old 06-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #68
rkiser
Registered Member

Guys, the book value for this bike is $6000. You could get brand new plastic ($1000 or so) and meet the book value. At that point, the bike would be completely flawless. All other 2005 600rr's that I've seen for sale that were near or under my asking price were rebuilt with a salvage title or they were track bikes...or on eBay.
rkiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:20 AM   #69
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiser View Post
Guys, the book value for this bike is $6000. You could get brand new plastic ($1000 or so) and meet the book value. At that point, the bike would be completely flawless. All other 2005 600rr's that I've seen for sale that were near or under my asking price were rebuilt with a salvage title or they were track bikes...or on eBay.
From NADA... the book that financial institutions use:

Average Retail = $5,615

Low Retail = $4,490

The bikes you see for sale on Ebay and in classified ads are always ludicrously over-listed. I see ads for 10 year old bikes all the time that the owners are asking nearly full new bike price for. LOL!

Your bike is crashed. I bought a crashed salvage titled ZRX1100 a couple of years back. Got it for 1/2 of NADA low retail. It's not only the price of the parts but the hassle of repairing it when there are hundreds of similar obsolete CBRZXKZYZ examples for sale that aren't crashed.

The clue is that your bike is unmoved after 2 months. There aren't a lot of people with pockets burning with cash right now. My local classifieds right now have more of these 600s than you can shake a stick at and 90% aren't damaged.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #70
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiser View Post

It would be flawless except for all the scratches on the cases.