Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #31
rkiser
Registered Member
 
rkiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
OEM does not mean color matched and covered in decals. It means they are the OEM sizes and shapes to bolt right on.

I ride a 10 year old bike. It's in better shape than your 4 year old bike. I *know* I'd never buy a sport bike that has a scratched up case let alone pay high book for it.
You are incorrect. OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer. This is an item from Honda. You cannot stamp OEM on an after market item. It is ok to say like OEM. The decals are on the plastics from Ron Ayers. I have had friends that have bought body from them.

High book? I am $1000 under AVERAGE retail. I'm happy that your 10 year old bike is in better shape. Remember the scrapes are all cosmetic. I'm not too sure what you're not getting about this.
rkiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #32
pplassm
Founding Member
 
pplassm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,875
Default

You are missing the point. This bike has been RACED. On a TRACK. And it's been CRASHED.

To me, it's worth half book value, max.

Less because you haven't addressed the damage.

That being said, I wish you luck in finding a buyer.

Welcome to Motorcycle.com, BTW.
__________________
Mongo just pawn in game of life.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #33
rkiser
Registered Member
 
rkiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
You are missing the point. This bike has been RACED. On a TRACK. And it's been CRASHED.

To me, it's worth half book value, max.

Less because you haven't addressed the damage.

That being said, I wish you luck in finding a buyer.

Welcome to Motorcycle.com, BTW.
Yes, it was on a track, a safer environment to go fast. You cannot consider the bike being "RACED" since it was driven on the track. People have probably driven faster and harder on the street than I did on the track with that particular bike. I've seen multiple salvaged title rebuilt bikes go for $4500. This bike has a clean title, mind you. I am taking a cut not fixing the bike myself. That is why I am selling it so low. If it were perfect I would expect average retail or a little less. I think it's unfair to say I should expect half book value.
rkiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

You forgot to add in your scratched upper cowl from Ron Ayers. Now add that in and add the tax and shipping. You said it was a $500 fix. I said it was $1200. I'm about right on the money looks like without installation costs. Looks like the one that 'isn't getting it' is you. And there isn't ay way in hell your bike is worth what you ask scratched up and possibly bent up. Them's the facts. This isn't Gixxer.com. People here been there and back. No BS here.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #35
newagetwotone
Registered Member
 
newagetwotone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNorton9637 View Post
Excuse me for making a statement (which you clearly have no issues in doing). Also, excuse me for having an opinion (which you clearly are entitled to as well). I have no issues with the fact that you posted your personal opinions; however, the rudeness with which you did so was unnecessary, as was your profanity. Have a nice day.
Wow your an @$$hole. Come onto an online community with the first post being an ad, screw it up by trying to RIP OFF the users non the board by selling a damaged bike for over low book and expect to get a nice response?

Then you come on the boards on a second account to defend yourself, wow. Oh, you forgot to list your torque by who many ''tq's'' it has

newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #36
rkiser
Registered Member
 
rkiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
You forgot to add in your scratched upper cowl from Ron Ayers. Now add that in and add the tax and shipping. You said it was a $500 fix. I said it was $1200. I'm about right on the money looks like without installation costs. Looks like the one that 'isn't getting it' is you. And there isn't ay way in hell your bike is worth what you ask scratched up and possibly bent up. Them's the facts. This isn't Gixxer.com. People here been there and back. No BS here.
Yes, I did forget to add that. However, I wouldn't see why replacing the whole upper cowl would be needed since it's not really noticeable, but once again it's personal preference. The quotes I got from the repair shops are what they are. The quote was based on them FIXING the plastic, not replacing it. Nothing is bent on the bike, I assure you. I'm not trying to gip anyone. Once again, anyone is more than welcome to come by and take a look at the bike. This is the price I want and have to get since it's the payoff. If you don't like the price, you don't have to purchase it or even look at the thread for that matter.
rkiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 AM   #37
rkiser
Registered Member
 
rkiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Wow your an @$$hole. Come onto an online community with the first post being an ad, screw it up by trying to RIP OFF the users non the board by selling a damaged bike for over low book and expect to get a nice response?

Then you come on the boards on a second account to defend yourself, wow. Oh, you forgot to list your torque by who many ''tq's'' it has

Thanks for the comment. You're a real winner making accusations such as that. If you think it's a rip off then don't look at it. You obviously were lured here by the title, otherwise, why would you even look at the thread? Low book is for a bike that has mechanical issues, etc. The bike has a few scrapes....that's all.

What are you referring to when you say second account? I've replied back to almost everyone here, why would I need a second account?
rkiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:13 AM   #38
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

" I wouldn't see why replacing the whole upper cowl would be needed since it's not really noticeable"

I noticed it.

"The quote was based on them FIXING the plastic, not replacing it. "

There is no 'fixing' that stuff. 'Fixing' it costs lots and it doesn't turn out. People do that with bikes that aren't worth crap in the first place as a cheap fix. That's it. A cheap temporary fix that won't hold up. I wouldn't want a bike like that. Would you?

"Nothing is bent on the bike, I assure you."

So is your assurance based on your personal opinion, or on absolute proof from a motorcycle frame alignment shop? I'm not saying it is bent, I am saying it COULD be bent, and that cost lots to fix.

"This is the price I want and have to get since it's the payoff."

That's really the rub, isn't it? You NEED that much, and I understand that, but you won't GET that much because you are selling a crashed, damaged motorcycle in bad economic times.

Here's my advice: Fix it for the $500 and add $500 to the price and you still get the payoff amount. The trouble with that is you will never get it fixed for $500 and you won't get much more for the bike no matter what you spend on the repair. You are about to learn a hard lesson about motorcycle economics when you crash. It's gonna cost you big time. Been there, done that, paid that. You are trying to get out from under this fact, and you won't, and you can't. Not unless you find a real dumb buyer, and with this economy, it's hard enough to sell a nice bike for a decent price much less a crashed one. I am not bashing you, and was not bashing you. I am telling you what any smart buyer will tell you, and will insist to be fixed or removed from the price. I can tell you that you will have a VERY difficult time selling a damaged bike, and to fix it correctly will cost well over a grand. I wish you well, but you need to look realistically at what your options are, and I can tell you from experience, that they ain't good.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:28 AM   #39
rkiser
Registered Member
 
rkiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
" I wouldn't see why replacing the whole upper cowl would be needed since it's not really noticeable"

I noticed it.

"The quote was based on them FIXING the plastic, not replacing it. "

There is no 'fixing' that stuff. 'Fixing' it costs lots and it doesn't turn out. People do that with bikes that aren't worth crap in the first place as a cheap fix. That's it. A cheap temporary fix that won't hold up. I wouldn't want a bike like that. Would you?

"Nothing is bent on the bike, I assure you."

So is your assurance based on your personal opinion, or on absolute proof from a motorcycle frame alignment shop? I'm not saying it is bent, I am saying it COULD be bent, and that cost lots to fix.

"This is the price I want and have to get since it's the payoff."

That's really the rub, isn't it? You NEED that much, and I understand that, but you won't GET that much because you are selling a crashed, damaged motorcycle in bad economic times.

Here's my advice: Fix it for the $500 and add $500 to the price and you still get the payoff amount. The trouble with that is you will never get it fixed for $500 and you won't get much more for the bike no matter what you spend on the repair. You are about to learn a hard lesson about motorcycle economics when you crash. It's gonna cost you big time. Been there, done that, paid that. You are trying to get out from under this fact, and you won't, and you can't. Not unless you find a real dumb buyer, and with this economy, it's hard enough to sell a nice bike for a decent price much less a crashed one. I am not bashing you, and was not bashing you. I am telling you what any smart buyer will tell you, and will insist to be fixed or removed from the price. I can tell you that you will have a VERY difficult time selling a damaged bike, and to fix it correctly will cost well over a grand. I wish you well, but you need to look realistically at what your options are, and I can tell you from experience, that they ain't good.
I can appreciate this comment. Currently I'm low on money and really can't spare the extra cash to fix it. Ideally, it's what I would have wanted to do before selling it. Before the whole separation thing, I was going to fix it and keep it for myself. Here is my logic. Average retail is $6000. I sell the bike for $5200. That gives the buyer $800 towards the repair. Mind you they may need to add more money to get brand new bodywork, they will still be within the average retail and have brand new flawless bodywork. The bike will soon be $5000 since I'm getting ready to make a payment towards the end of the month. Without fixing it, what would expect to see this bike sell for?
rkiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 AM   #40
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Your logic is sound, but the potential buyer is always suspicious of a damaged motorcycle and will want a hedge against anything else he may find wrong after the purchase. That is where the price drop comes in. Not fixing it is a big problem when you tell someone they have to drop at least another $800 for a repair out of their pocket after buying a bike. This is called the 'rock and the hard place'. You can't afford to fix it, yet you will take a hit on selling a damaged bike. If it was me, I'd beg or borrow the money to fix it, and then your bike is much more attractive to sell for a good price. If you sell it like it is, you are going to take a severe penalty for the damaged bodywork. I know it's just cosmetic, but cosmetics mean everything in this game. Hang in there and let us know how it turns out. Put it up on your local Craigslist and that should give you a good idea of what the sell point is at this point with the responses you get.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off