Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 04-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #21
rkiser
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I can list the prices for all the things I can see in the pictures that need repair, and it will add up to more than $800 bucks. And that is only what I can see in the pictures. That doesn't include tweaking the forks for frame form the lowside, or any other scratched up stuff not shown. It also doesn't include labor for replacement, so I'd say the $1200 is REAL close if you had a REAL professional do it. Do you think I never did this before? I have owned sportbikes that need these fixes. Why do you think you aren't fixing it? You just want to pass the cost onto the next sucker by telling him that a 'professional' can fix it for $500 bucks. Sorry, but that isn't just a lie, but it's a bad lie.
Please do list (prices and what part), because I am curious. I want you to also state where you are getting these prices. There isn't anything else wrong with the bike other than the minor cosmetic damage on the left side. Anyone is more than welcome to come by and scrutinize the bike and even take it for a ride. The lowside happened 2 years ago and I've been driving it since. Labor shouldn't even be considered. Anyone can take the 4 pieces of plastic off and take it to the body shop, wait a few days, go pick it up, and reinstall the plastic.
rkiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #22
rkiser
Registered Member

Quote:
How about if you shut the f&ck up and quit worrying about me? If you can waste your time worrying about me, then I can waste mine any way I want. It isn't a good deal. It fact it sucks. My friend just bought an 04 with 3000 miles that is in pristine condition for much less. He just picked it up out of my garage yesterday. I have bought and sold about 50 motorcycles in the last 10 years alone, so I'll put my knowledge up against your any day. If you don't have anything else to say but criticize me with your one post, you won't be here long. Bet on it.
Longride, and you are a moderator? I'm surprised they allow this here. You need to practice what you preach. You are getting worked up over this and worrying about this way too much. It's a good deal and I've had many offers. I just posted it up here for more exposure. If you've sold bikes for "better deals" maybe you were the one getting played. Allow everyone to make their own decision. I'm not out to screw anyone. I am literally selling this for the payoff amount. I'm not making a dime off of it. I am currently in the middle of a separation and really need to get rid of the monthly payment right now.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #23
BNorton9637
Registered Member

Also, I am confused about how a "moderator" can be so antagonistic and rude to members of the website who have done nothing to warrant such unmannerly replies. Maybe this is just my "ignorance" shining through, or maybe it is a character flaw in yourself.
BNorton9637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It's your ignorance, trust me. You came at me, I didn't come at you.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Please do list (prices and what part), because I am curious. I want you to also state where you are getting these prices"

Rear cowl $362.34
Sub Cowl $142.99
Side Cowl $345.28
Gen Cover $ 68.69
Total $919.30

The prices are from BikeBandit.com. Those prices are for the parts that are scratched up on your bike. Those prices don't include tax or shipping if needed. They also don't include replacing your trashed slider and your mismatched turn signal, or anythig else that is scratched or bent. They also don't include labor. Now tell me how you will fix it for $500 bucks.

P.S. Your top cowl is scratched up too I see. Go on Bike Bandit and get the price for that for me, will ya? $1200 is looking a bit low at this point.

Last edited by longride : 04-14-2009 at 12:37 PM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNorton9637 View Post
Excuse me for making a statement (which you clearly have no issues in doing). Also, excuse me for having an opinion (which you clearly are entitled to as well). I have no issues with the fact that you posted your personal opinions; however, the rudeness with which you did so was unnecessary, as was your profanity. Have a nice day.
I have an opinion too. If you want to tell me what to do, I'll tell you what to do, get it? I believe in free speech. It's what this site is all about.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #27
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
"Please do list (prices and what part), because I am curious. I want you to also state where you are getting these prices"

Rear cowl $362.34
Sub Cowl $142.99
Side Cowl $345.28
Gen Cover $ 68.69
Total $919.30

The prices are from BikeBandit.com. Those prices are for the parts that are scratched up on your bike. Those prices don't include tax or shipping if needed. They also don't include replacing your trashed slider and your mismatched turn signal, or anythig else that is scratched or bent. They also don't include labor. Now tell me how you will fix it for $500 bucks.

P.S. Your top cowl is scratched up too I see. Go on Bike Bandit and get the price for that for me, will ya? $1200 is looking a bit low at this point.

Would these even be color matched or have decals if there are any?
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #28
rkiser
Registered Member

Quote:

Rear cowl $362.34
Sub Cowl $142.99
Side Cowl $345.28
Gen Cover $ 68.69
Total $919.30

Here you go, ronayers.com. No tax. Yes, shipping will be needed. They don't have the cover in stock. I even added the left signal. This will be $100 less than your "quote". Labor? Most everyone can take plastic off and re-install it. Now, how can they fix it for $500? Paint and some type of bondo (yes, magic I know). This bike is 4 years old. If you're going to be so picky about it, might as well spend $4000 more and get a brand new bike.

plus $68.69 for the cover
Old 04-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #29
rkiser
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
Would these even be color matched or have decals if there are any?
I know the ones from ronayers.com are completely OEM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #30
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiser View Post
I know the ones from ronayers.com are completely OEM.

OEM does not mean color matched and covered in decals. It means they are the OEM sizes and shapes to bolt right on.

I ride a 10 year old bike. It's in better shape than your 4 year old bike. I *know* I'd never buy a sport bike that has a scratched up case let alone pay high book for it.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote