Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #12
rkiser
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
You got quoted $250 bucks? And you believed them? So you are telling me that a body shop will disassemble your bike, repair the plastic, paint the pieces, and put it back together for $500 bucks? Even the $800 is way low. NOBODY will do that work for that low of a price, and that doesn't include the scratched up alternator cover and probably 3 or 4 other pieces that are scratched up including your mismatched front turn signals. Maybe some other sucker would believe your 'estimates', but not anyone here.
Longride, It's doable and has been done. There are many places doing this here. I've seen each of the shop's work and it's good. They all guarantee their work. I can give the phone number's and addresses to these places upon request. The the buyer will have the option to view the shop's work and take advantage of them. I wouldn't post comments such as these unless I've done my homework. Anyone can pick up the phone and call around. They are not my estimates. I'm not one to mislead or lie to anyone.
rkiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #13
rkiser
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiser View Post
Longride, It's doable and has been done. There are many places doing this here. I've seen each of the shop's work and it's good. They all guarantee their work. I can give the phone number's and addresses to these places upon request. The the buyer will have the option to view the shop's work and take advantage of them. I wouldn't post comments such as these unless I've done my homework. Anyone can pick up the phone and call around. They are not my estimates. I'm not one to mislead or lie to anyone.
Longride, you also say that $800 is too low for a repair? You stated $1200 for new plastic also? Where are you getting your prices? Ronayers.com, a reputable online store, shows I can replace the damaged pieces (minus the stator cover) for under $800. The conversation concerning the repair of the damaged plastic has gone on too long. The damage to the bike is plainly stated in the description. It is up to the new owner to get the bike repair if they would like.
rkiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I can list the prices for all the things I can see in the pictures that need repair, and it will add up to more than $800 bucks. And that is only what I can see in the pictures. That doesn't include tweaking the forks for frame form the lowside, or any other scratched up stuff not shown. It also doesn't include labor for replacement, so I'd say the $1200 is REAL close if you had a REAL professional do it. Do you think I never did this before? I have owned sportbikes that need these fixes. Why do you think you aren't fixing it? You just want to pass the cost onto the next sucker by telling him that a 'professional' can fix it for $500 bucks. Sorry, but that isn't just a lie, but it's a bad lie.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #15
BNorton9637
Registered Member

Wow guys, I was just browsing through and happened to see your two-page virtual argument. Longride, how about you find something else to do with your time other than waste forum space on a bike you're clearly not interested in? And rkiser, I have also looked up the value of the bike, and all things considered it seems like you are offering a great deal. Good luck getting it sold.
-B. Norton
BNorton9637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

How about if you shut the f&ck up and quit worrying about me? If you can waste your time worrying about me, then I can waste mine any way I want. It isn't a good deal. It fact it sucks. My friend just bought an 04 with 3000 miles that is in pristine condition for much less. He just picked it up out of my garage yesterday. I have bought and sold about 50 motorcycles in the last 10 years alone, so I'll put my knowledge up against your any day. If you don't have anything else to say but criticize me with your one post, you won't be here long. Bet on it.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #17
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
How about if you shut the f&ck up and quit worrying about me? If you can waste your time worrying about me, then I can waste mine any way I want. It isn't a good deal. It fact it sucks. My friend just bought an 04 with 3000 miles that is in pristine condition for much less. He just picked it up out of my garage yesterday. I have bought and sold about 50 motorcycles in the last 10 years alone, so I'll put my knowledge up against your any day. If you don't have anything else to say but criticize me with your one post, you won't be here long. Bet on it.

Excellent use of facts/data.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #18
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNorton9637 View Post
Wow guys, I was just browsing through and happened to see your two-page virtual argument. Longride, how about you find something else to do with your time other than waste forum space on a bike you're clearly not interested in? And rkiser, I have also looked up the value of the bike, and all things considered it seems like you are offering a great deal. Good luck getting it sold.
-B. Norton
Ah, you just have to ignore Longride when he gets like this.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #19
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Ah, you just have to ignore Longride when he gets like this.
I'd say that's good advice. If you are going to spout bullshyt, I will call you on it. Better to ignore than look ignorant.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #20
BNorton9637
Registered Member

Excuse me for making a statement (which you clearly have no issues in doing). Also, excuse me for having an opinion (which you clearly are entitled to as well). I have no issues with the fact that you posted your personal opinions; however, the rudeness with which you did so was unnecessary, as was your profanity. Have a nice day.
BNorton9637 is offline   Reply With Quote