Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-wanted/)
-   -   WTB: --Triumph Speed Four-- (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-wanted/11446-wtb-triumph-speed-four.html)

chiral 04-10-2009 02:51 PM

WTB: --Triumph Speed Four--

Serious buyer but not a sucker.

I have researched just about every aspect of this bike and how to make a safe purchase. I'm willing to work with the seller as long as they are reasonable in their expectations of delivery and money exchange.

I am an avid member of VWvortex.com (under the username {:sylph:}, and have bought cars there before as well. I can say I have not always had good experiences when it comes to trusting people to live up to their word on an internet transaction, but have learned enough to know the right way to make a sell / purchase.

I am in southern Indiana and it doesn't matter where you are - shipping is fine with me.

Looking for a black, low mileage, well maintained (prefer with records) Triumph Speed Four with little or no aesthetic damage - prefer a stock bike.

Thank you for looking!

Pic of my vdub
(click to zoom)

The_AirHawk 04-10-2009 03:01 PM

Sharp car. Good Luck with the search!

chiral 04-12-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 209950)
Sharp car. Good Luck with the search!

Appreciate that! I have a feeling this is going to be a looooong wait.

gnar kill 12-01-2009 03:21 PM

I have a very clean low miles speed four I am selling located in southern MD it is currently on ebay. Pm me your number and we can talk more about it if you are interested. Thanks
-Casey

Triumph : Speed Four:eBay Motors (item 180438730978 end time Dec-05-09 11:12:56 PST)

Kenneth_Moore 12-02-2009 05:11 AM

Must be a damp garage

1 Attachment(s)

longride 12-02-2009 05:18 AM

It doesn't look that bad Ken. What is corroded except that small cable guide?

seruzawa 12-02-2009 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 229081)

Just like any other bike that is left out in the weather. Look at all the crud on it.

That bike isn't clean at all. Maybe he should at least try washing it and polishing it a bit before posting pictures.

A Star Ride 12-02-2009 06:10 AM

I think it looks rather unkept myself especially for claiming to be garage kept. Maybe dirt floor garage missing a door? My 95 that I just let go was alot cleaner then that and had alot more miles also. Some people just dont keep them up like most of us do.

pushrod 12-02-2009 06:46 AM

The Triumphs don't have a lot of design consideration for corrosion.

However, if you keep them clean, and hit them with a coat of wax once in a while, they look good for a good while.

In my experience, their chrome is not very good, however, and pitting is common.

And some of the rubber fittings are just awful. The rubber literally falls apart.

Kenneth_Moore 12-02-2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 229082)
It doesn't look that bad Ken. What is corroded except that small cable guide?

I guess I expected a super-clean bike from the post and found one that looks like somebody did the sal****er immersion electrical fix routine. Shame too; it might be a nice bike, but I wouldn't be interested. If you can't bother to keep your bike clean, didja bother with oil changes and other basic maintenance>