Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I guess I expected a super-clean bike from the post and found one that looks like somebody did the sal****er immersion electrical fix routine. Shame too; it might be a nice bike, but I wouldn't be interested. If you can't bother to keep your bike clean, didja bother with oil changes and other basic maintenance>

I LOVE those kind of bikes. You get em dirt cheap, clean em up, and sell for a profit. I did that to the last 8 bikes I bought. Lots of fun!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I LOVE those kind of bikes. You get em dirt cheap, clean em up, and sell for a profit!
You take Klazy Ken Seminar! Now you Internet Millionaire, making big money fast selling many motorcycle from internet.

See everybody, dis real-life zample of how you too can earn riches easy way, fun way, KLAZY KEN way! Send me secret PMs I give you information on next seminar.

Long Lider prove: Nobody neva too old make millions. Nobody neva too lazy make millions. Nobody neva too stoopid make millions!!!! Why wait? Start today send me PMs NOW!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
You take Klazy Ken Seminar! Now you Internet Millionaire, making big money fast selling many motorcycle from internet.

See everybody, dis real-life zample of how you too can earn riches easy way, fun way, KLAZY KEN way! Send me secret PMs I give you information on next seminar.

Long Lider prove: Nobody neva too old make millions. Nobody neva too lazy make millions. Nobody neva too stoopid make millions!!!! Why wait? Start today send me PMs NOW!!!!
Somewhere in Seattle someone is composing a secret PM right now! Your first customer.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #14
pushrod
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I LOVE those kind of bikes. You get em dirt cheap, clean em up, and sell for a profit.

Well, except maybe the 'Busa, what with the stains on the seat and all...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #15
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Somewhere in Seattle someone is composing a secret PM right now! Your first customer.
The stench of Cheetoes hangs in the air like a cabbage fart on a Summer night.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Well, except maybe the 'Busa, what with the stains on the seat and all...
More like those yellow slips it left in my wallet!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #17
gnar kill
Registered Member

The bike really is clean except for the dent in the muffler. The clutch cable is slightly corroded on the outside. Other than that is operates normal. Instead of trying to hide it I pictured it plain as day. The paint on the bike is absolutely perfect I guess I just have a bad camera and should have cleaned the engine/wheels/tires before I took pictures. The previous owner stopped riding the bike because he thought it had a bad rectifier.....the battery was just bad I bought it with 5000 miles on it replaced the battery and put another 2000 miles on it. The tires are brand new and the brake/clutch levers are brand new. I have changed oild/filter twice since I bought it (once when I bought and once again at 6500 miles) There is a little bit of pitting on the head light assemblies but it is not bad at all and could come off with some polishing. Sorry I have a bad camera and am not a photographer but if you see this bike in person you would not call it dirty.
-Casey
gnar kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
If you can't bother to keep your bike clean, didja bother with oil changes and other basic maintenance>

Oh I don't know, I'm notoriously lax when it comes to bike washing. I keep it halfway clean in the summer but this time of year it's a waste of time. My bike has a pretty even layer of road crud on it now and I dare say it'll look even worse by the time the rainy season is over. However the pivot points are all cleaned, the oil and filter is changed every 5k per the book, belt adjusted, aircleaner cleaned, tire pressures checked, steering bearings greased.....

The bike runs like a champ but it ain't no garage queen, it's a road bike and that's what it get's, rode hard and put away wet..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:11 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Oh I don't know, I'm notoriously lax when it comes to bike washing. I keep it halfway clean in the summer but this time of year it's a waste of time. My bike has a pretty even layer of road crud on it now and I dare say it'll look even worse by the time the rainy season is over. However the pivot points are all cleaned, the oil and filter is changed every 5k per the book, belt adjusted, aircleaner cleaned, tire pressures checked, steering bearings greased.....

The bike runs like a champ but it ain't no garage queen, it's a road bike and that's what it get's, rode hard and put away wet..
There's "dirty" and then there's "let it sit out and rust and build up gunk everywhere.

Still, the Triumph should be able to suit out like an old KZ750 rat bike and not turn into a pile of rust in only 3-4 years.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:23 AM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post

A man after my own heart...I take great pleasure in maintaining my stuff to the highest level. But I also add cosmetics to the work; when I used to tell people my Low Rider was 30 years old, people who didn't recognize the Shovelhead engine were amazed. The Vee is utterly immaculate; I use old tooth brushes and Q-Tips to get to those hard to reach spots. I know, it's a sickness...and I don't want to be cured!