Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
AJ-P
Registered Member

Default For Sale: Mint Condition 1993 Suzuki Katana 600

Very sharp bike, you won't find another one in this condition. I'm the original owner, it's been garage kept AND covered, never crashed, very low miles (around 9400 miles - many from one highway trip). It gets around 50mpg! Inexpensive insurance (<$160/yr.) Immaculately maintained. Vance and Hines SS2R pipe. Newer battery, brakes, tire. Recent tune-up, oil and carb cleaning. Many extras including: several tank covers, motorcycle cover, throttle lock, cargo nets, and more. Reason for selling: bought a bigger bike, and don't need two anymore.

Asking $3,500; located near Boulder, CO.

Take care,
A.J.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-Katana.jpg (134.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2-Katana.jpg (133.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3-Katana.jpg (119.6 KB, 5 views)
AJ-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
SmokeU
Registered Member

Is this the Katana with the bad second gear?
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
Is this the Katana with the bad second gear?
It's nothing - just a shift fork, or a synchro, or somethin'. Easy Fix!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-P View Post
Very sharp bike, you won't find another one in this condition. I'm the original owner, it's been garage kept AND covered, never crashed, very low miles (around 9400 miles - many from one highway trip). It gets around 50mpg! Inexpensive insurance (<$160/yr.) Immaculately maintained. Vance and Hines SS2R pipe. Newer battery, brakes, tire. Recent tune-up, oil and carb cleaning. Many extras including: several tank covers, motorcycle cover, throttle lock, cargo nets, and more. Reason for selling: bought a bigger bike, and don't need two anymore.

Asking $3,500; located near Boulder, CO.

Take care,
A.J.

Good luck with that. NADA has it listed for excellent condition as $1,825. You are asking for double that amount. Unless you are offering 2 Katana's at that priced I don't think it matters what you include with the bike.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
AJ-P
Registered Member

SmokeU and Airhawk. I'm not familiar with a bad second gear. I've never had an issue. Glad to hear it may be an easy fix if something does start to occur. What would be the symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Good luck with that. NADA has it listed for excellent condition as $1,825. You are asking for double that amount. Unless you are offering 2 Katana's at that priced I don't think it matters what you include with the bike.
BrowningBar, thanks for your thoughts.

It's a little less than double the amount, but none-the-less; still more than bluebook. It's not what I'm throwing in that matters, but the mileage and condition of the bike. That's why I'm putting it on a motorcycle forum. I figured the folks who know bikes would appreciate bike and it's condition. It's got less than 10k, and is in incredible shape. I've always maintained it right. (A car is an antique at 20 yrs; does that hold true for motorcycles too?)

Truthfully, it doesn't cost me much to keep around, and my girlfriend likes it better than my bigger bike (a CBR929) so I'm not really in a big hurry to sell it. (I must admit, the ride on the Katana is more comfy than the CBR...) If I find someone who appreciates the bike (I still think it's the best looking bike made; I love the color scheme/decals), then so be it. If I don't, I'm still going to enjoy riding it...

Take care,
A.J.
AJ-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Actually, I'm looking forward to real fire sale prices mid-summer. Fuel prices are low and a lot of people are out of work.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Actually, I'm looking forward to real fire sale prices mid-summer. Fuel prices are low and a lot of people are out of work.
Still seems like people are overestimating the price of their bikes, though.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Still seems like people are overestimating the price of their bikes, though.
It's still winter. Won't take long for reality to set in.

$3000 Evos some day soon!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
SmokeU and Airhawk. I'm not familiar with a bad second gear. I've never had an issue. Glad to hear it may be an easy fix if something does start to occur. What would be the symptoms?

BrowningBar, thanks for your thoughts.

It's a little less than double the amount, but none-the-less; still more than bluebook. It's not what I'm throwing in that matters, but the mileage and condition of the bike. That's why I'm putting it on a motorcycle forum. I figured the folks who know bikes would appreciate bike and it's condition. It's got less than 10k, and is in incredible shape. I've always maintained it right. (A car is an antique at 20 yrs; does that hold true for motorcycles too?)

Truthfully, it doesn't cost me much to keep around, and my girlfriend likes it better than my bigger bike (a CBR929) so I'm not really in a big hurry to sell it. (I must admit, the ride on the Katana is more comfy than the CBR...) If I find someone who appreciates the bike (I still think it's the best looking bike made; I love the color scheme/decals), then so be it. If I don't, I'm still going to enjoy riding it...

Take care,
A.J.

10K miles and 20 years means bad seals and garage queen rot to me.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
There's not, really. It's just an inside-joke referencing another thread.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote