Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-wanted/)
-   -   For Sale: Mint Condition 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-wanted/11072-for-sale-mint-condition-1993-suzuki-katana-600-a.html)

AJ-P 03-12-2009 11:10 AM

For Sale: Mint Condition 1993 Suzuki Katana 600

3 Attachment(s)
Very sharp bike, you won't find another one in this condition. I'm the original owner, it's been garage kept AND covered, never crashed, very low miles (around 9400 miles - many from one highway trip). It gets around 50mpg! Inexpensive insurance (<$160/yr.) Immaculately maintained. Vance and Hines SS2R pipe. Newer battery, brakes, tire. Recent tune-up, oil and carb cleaning. Many extras including: several tank covers, motorcycle cover, throttle lock, cargo nets, and more. Reason for selling: bought a bigger bike, and don't need two anymore. ;)

Asking $3,500; located near Boulder, CO.

Take care,
A.J.

SmokeU 03-12-2009 11:15 AM

Is this the Katana with the bad second gear?

The_AirHawk 03-12-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 207014)
Is this the Katana with the bad second gear?

It's nothing - just a shift fork, or a synchro, or somethin'. Easy Fix!

BrowningBAR 03-12-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ-P (Post 207012)
Very sharp bike, you won't find another one in this condition. I'm the original owner, it's been garage kept AND covered, never crashed, very low miles (around 9400 miles - many from one highway trip). It gets around 50mpg! Inexpensive insurance (<$160/yr.) Immaculately maintained. Vance and Hines SS2R pipe. Newer battery, brakes, tire. Recent tune-up, oil and carb cleaning. Many extras including: several tank covers, motorcycle cover, throttle lock, cargo nets, and more. Reason for selling: bought a bigger bike, and don't need two anymore. ;)

Asking $3,500; located near Boulder, CO.

Take care,
A.J.

Good luck with that. NADA has it listed for excellent condition as $1,825. You are asking for double that amount. Unless you are offering 2 Katana's at that priced I don't think it matters what you include with the bike.

AJ-P 03-12-2009 12:23 PM

SmokeU and Airhawk. I'm not familiar with a bad second gear. I've never had an issue. Glad to hear it may be an easy fix if something does start to occur. What would be the symptoms?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 207021)
Good luck with that. NADA has it listed for excellent condition as $1,825. You are asking for double that amount. Unless you are offering 2 Katana's at that priced I don't think it matters what you include with the bike.

BrowningBar, thanks for your thoughts.

It's a little less than double the amount, but none-the-less; still more than bluebook. It's not what I'm throwing in that matters, but the mileage and condition of the bike. That's why I'm putting it on a motorcycle forum. I figured the folks who know bikes would appreciate bike and it's condition. It's got less than 10k, and is in incredible shape. I've always maintained it right. (A car is an antique at 20 yrs; does that hold true for motorcycles too?)

Truthfully, it doesn't cost me much to keep around, and my girlfriend likes it better than my bigger bike (a CBR929) so I'm not really in a big hurry to sell it. (I must admit, the ride on the Katana is more comfy than the CBR...) If I find someone who appreciates the bike (I still think it's the best looking bike made; I love the color scheme/decals), then so be it. If I don't, I'm still going to enjoy riding it...

Take care,
A.J.

seruzawa 03-12-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 207021)

Actually, I'm looking forward to real fire sale prices mid-summer. Fuel prices are low and a lot of people are out of work.

BrowningBAR 03-12-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 207024)
Actually, I'm looking forward to real fire sale prices mid-summer. Fuel prices are low and a lot of people are out of work.

Still seems like people are overestimating the price of their bikes, though.

seruzawa 03-12-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 207026)
Still seems like people are overestimating the price of their bikes, though.

It's still winter. Won't take long for reality to set in.

$3000 Evos some day soon!

SmokeU 03-12-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ-P (Post 207023)
SmokeU and Airhawk. I'm not familiar with a bad second gear. I've never had an issue. Glad to hear it may be an easy fix if something does start to occur. What would be the symptoms?

BrowningBar, thanks for your thoughts.

It's a little less than double the amount, but none-the-less; still more than bluebook. It's not what I'm throwing in that matters, but the mileage and condition of the bike. That's why I'm putting it on a motorcycle forum. I figured the folks who know bikes would appreciate bike and it's condition. It's got less than 10k, and is in incredible shape. I've always maintained it right. (A car is an antique at 20 yrs; does that hold true for motorcycles too?)

Truthfully, it doesn't cost me much to keep around, and my girlfriend likes it better than my bigger bike (a CBR929) so I'm not really in a big hurry to sell it. (I must admit, the ride on the Katana is more comfy than the CBR...) If I find someone who appreciates the bike (I still think it's the best looking bike made; I love the color scheme/decals), then so be it. If I don't, I'm still going to enjoy riding it...

Take care,
A.J.

10K miles and 20 years means bad seals and garage queen rot to me.

The_AirHawk 03-12-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ-P (Post 207023)

There's not, really. It's just an inside-joke referencing another thread.