Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted

Old 03-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
HibachiZ28
Registered Member

Ah, lovely! Thanks for the info and "compliment" I have it posted on Craigs List, F-body forums, Jeep Forums, and then got the bright idea .. "Why not post it for sale on a motorcycle forum?" .. so here I am. I've had 2 Nighthawks (450, 750) before and was going to post on the Nighthawk forum, but I don't like the layout of that forum.

Oh, did I mention my ex stated she is going to attempt removal of my testicles for selling the Camaro? She has an '01 Trans-Am WS6, 6 speed, black on black, t-tops, etc. She's the one who got me into F-bodies. This is my first F-body. They are fun though and nothing beats what this thing sounds like IMO. I love it.

The only reason I am selling it is 'cause my buddy who I sold my 450 Nighthawk to, loaned it to me on Sun and took his dad's Sportster out too. We rode for 5.5 hours, 100 miles. I am re-addicted as the bike bug bit me HARD...

Last edited by HibachiZ28 : 03-10-2009 at 09:31 PM.
HibachiZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Nighthawks are nice bikes, your certainly welcome to hang out all you want, looks like you have a sense of humor.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #13
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Honda only made the HawkGT from '88 to '91. They continued making the bike for a few more years for the JDM (in 400cc and 650cc models), but it was under the name "Bros".

Sure you won't throw in the Girl?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #14
HibachiZ28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Nighthawks are nice bikes, your certainly welcome to hang out all you want, looks like you have a sense of humor.
I appreciate the "welcome" I just can't wait to get another bike. Gotta get more gear again, but that's part of the fun too. Being a Firefighter for 8 years, Customer Service Rep for 3, and a Photographer for 20+, a sense of humor is a lifesaver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Honda only made the HawkGT from '88 to '91. They continued making the bike for a few more years for the JDM (in 400cc and 650cc models), but it was under the name "Bros".
My bad. I knew nothing about Hawk's until a bike mechanic whom I work with mentioned looking into them on Monday. He recommended the Hawk and the SV650, which he has. He has a few other bikes he recommended, but said they are a little more than I'd be comfortable with. I found 2 Hawks close by me for $2000, and $1900. But I need to sell my Camaro first
Old 03-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The SV650 would be the better choice, much more modern design, better handling, better suspension, better tire choices, better parts availability etc.......

That would be my choice.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #16
HibachiZ28
Registered Member

That's my choice too, if I can find someone to trade for my Camaro or sell it for my asking (KBB) price. I found a few SV650's under $3500. I'd be trying to find one for around $3000, as I'd like to put $200 towards a Snell approved helmet and $300 towards a decent Joe Rocket jacket again .. plus a nice set of gloves.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibachiZ28 View Post
My bad. I knew nothing about Hawk's until a bike mechanic whom I work with mentioned looking into them on Monday. He recommended the Hawk and the SV650, which he has. He has a few other bikes he recommended, but said they are a little more than I'd be comfortable with. I found 2 Hawks close by me for $2000, and $1900. But I need to sell my Camaro first
No problem. It was just info I thought you might like to know. The HawkGT is a great bike that was easily a decade ahead of its time. Unfortunately, Honda thought so too - and priced it in 1998 dollars........

Honda is World-Famous for the Right bike, at the Wrong time, at the wrong price.

The SV (hack, spit) is probably the closest Spiritual Reincarnation of the HawkGT, though the Duc Monster (pre '07) is the closest in looks and styling.

Altogether, the HawkGT is an excellent choice that virtually oozes cool from its pores. With the exception of fuel tanks, virtually anything that can go wrong with it can be either replaced with NOS parts, or can be adapted from "bin" parts across other model-lines.

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 03-10-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I'm sure times are tight in PA as well as everywhere, you may find you're Camaro won't sell for book.. you may need to take more of a hit on it before you get any movement. It looks like a nice car but the bottom line is it's worth what someone will pay for it, not what the book says.

Sounds like your ex still has an interest in your goolies as well as the car....you're only hope is she likes the bike enough not to nut ya'.......

Old 03-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #19
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I'm sure times are tight in PA as well as everywhere, you may find you're Camaro won't sell for book.. you may need to take more of a hit on it before you get any movement. It looks like a nice car but the bottom line is it's worth what someone will pay for it, not what the book says.

Sounds like your ex still has an interest in your goolies as well as the car....you're only hope is she likes the bike enough not to nut ya'.......
WTF is wrong with the lot of us? This is like, the 4th or 5th guy in a row coming on here, seeking help - and we've yet to mock him sufficiently. Not only that, but we've actually been HELPFUL to the FNG's!

Ken has almost (ALMOST!) been a Model Citizen.

Whassup witdat?!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Your just pissed because he's smart enough to pick a Suzuki over your Chicken Hawk,

Why don't cha' buy the car and hep' him out there Jethro?