Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycles For Sale / Wanted (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-wanted/)
-   -   You Know You Need this Uly (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale-wanted/10623-you-know-you-need-uly.html)

seruzawa 02-06-2009 04:20 PM

Is this a variation of the "I just found this great website" ploy?

sarnali2 02-06-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 203744)
IMHO:

The Uly was on my short list a year ago when I bought the VStrom. My pal at HD let me give one a good ride. Frankly, it doesn't hold a candle to the VStrom. I have a lot more power, lots more room for me and my pillion, and the engines are night and day. The handling on the Uly is squirrely as crap; maybe the one I rode wasn't dialed in well. The brakes are better on the Buell, and it sounds better. But, the accessory aftermarket for the DL is better by far. I know they're good bikes, but if you want a DS in that price range, a DL1000 is a much better bike.

If only they put spoke wheels on Vstroms I'd have bought one in a heartbeat!

Kenneth_Moore 02-06-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 203746)
Is this a variation of the "I just found this great website" ploy?

From Kirk!?!?! Sir, you are speaking of a gentleman and a Southener. If I weren't busy mixing Mint Julips, I'd thrash you to within an inch of your life. Perhaps I'll send Harcourt over to deal with you.

sarnali2 02-07-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 203752)
From Kirk!?!?! Sir, you are speaking of a gentleman and a Southener. If I weren't busy mixing Mint Julips, I'd thrash you to within an inch of your life. Perhaps I'll send Harcourt over to deal with you.

Damn Yankee Bag-Licker...I say take the bullwhip to him boy.....

BrowningBAR 02-07-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 203778)
Damn Yankee Bag-Licker...I say take the bullwhip to him boy.....

I reckon that Klazy Ken is windier than a bag of @ssholes. And I suppose he's slicker than snot on a doorknob.

acecycleins 02-07-2009 09:21 AM

When I found it I was search for $2000 beaters to drive around in. My last one gave up the ghost and I've been bike only for 5 months. The dealer that listed it put it in the auto section. So, I called and asked questions. Turns out he's trying to profit $500 on a bike that he took as a trade. I can't buy it- gotta buy a car, but figured it might peak the interest of someone here. The price was pretty good, too.

sarnali2 02-07-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 203782)
I reckon that Klazy Ken is windier than a bag of @ssholes. And I suppose he's slicker than snot on a doorknob.

Blue bellied carpet bagger I'd say..come down here in '66 and burrowed in like a tick on a hound

seruzawa 02-07-2009 11:02 AM

Eek.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 203795)
Blue bellied carpet bagger I'd say..come down here in '66 and burrowed in like a tick on a hound

You guys sound tough. I'm really scared.