Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Multimedia > Motorcycle Videos

Old 01-12-2010, 07:24 AM   #21
mjdart
Registered Member

And if you don't like big fenders, you don't have to have 'em.

mjdart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #22
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Not bad looking bikes, the further away from Harley styling cues the better off they are IMO. Whatever happend to that Power Plus engine with the round heads and valve covers? That was a distinctly different engine, as is the primary side on these. Also they as well as Harley need to get away from their obsession with short people, those super low seat heights simply won't work for a person with longer legs. The bikes look nice but from that head on shot they still look like Harley clones, Indians originally had wide droopy handle bars with the horn on the front. I'm not saying go back to girders but the only thing they have going is the headlight, the spotlights and blinkers are basic HD.

That's one thing Victory has going for it is they have their own style, love it or leave it but there's no mistaking the two. Indians going to have to do the same or they'll be just another slice off a very old and very dead horse.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 01-12-2010 at 07:33 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Not bad looking bikes, the further away from Harley styling cues the better off they are IMO. Whatever happend to that Power Plus engine with the round heads and valve covers? That was a distinctly different engine, as is the primary side on these. Also they as well as Harley need to get away from their obsession with short people, those super low seat heights simply won't work for a person with longer legs. The bikes look nice but from that head on shot they still look like Harley clones, Indians originally had wide droopy handle bars with the horn on the front. I'm not saying go back to girders but the only thing they have going is the headlight, the spotlights and blinkers are basic HD.

That's one thing Victory has going for it is they have their own style, love it or leave it but there's no mistaking the two. Indians going to have to do the same or they'll be just another slice off a very old and very dead horse.
The main worry would be the crap reliability of the Indians of a couple years ago and whether or not the resurrected company addressed those issues.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #24
mjdart
Registered Member

I have the Indian themed horn cover on mine see photo I'm sure you're refering to the original indian Head Horn very neat.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #25
mjdart
Registered Member

Sarnali2 commented:
"Whatever happend to that Power Plus engine with the round heads and valve covers?"
The Powerplus 105 Engine has those big round jugs and covers see photos.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #26
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Yerp, that would be the one, I assumed they used the design on all their bikes.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #27
mjdart
Registered Member

You got it. It's really a cool looking engine, the fuel injection set-up still needs some tuning to make it really good, but I'm hopeful a remap will correct some low end surge I sometimes experience.

Indian had to do extensive redesign of the lower end and oiling system to correct the issues which bankrupted the Gilroy Indian Company (1999-2004). This is the Powerplus 100 engine and you can see the lower end looks quite abit different.

The brakes are pretty good as they use dual Brembos upfront as well as a single behind.

Last edited by mjdart : 01-12-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: add photo
Old 01-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #28
mjdart
Registered Member

If you want to make that big fender even bigger Indian now has caliper covers as an option.