Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Multimedia > Motorcycle Videos

Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Stoned and Cold

I know several of the gang here really likes "Stone Cold," and frankly, so do I. That's not to say it's perfect. It arrived via NetFlix yesterday.

Brian Bosworth is a cop with an attitude. In the opening scene we learn that he's already on suspension from his home-town police force, presumably for whipping the snot out of bad guys, which he does a fine job of in the first 5 minutes of the film. Brian is coerced by the FBI into going undercover to bust up a dangerous biker gang (they're not a criminal organization, mind you, they just commit a lot of crimes in a highly coherent manner).

We follow Brian (operating under the nom de stupid: "Stone") and his new, wimpy, FBI partner as he penetrates the gang. The gang is lead by that guy who was "Bishop" in the Alien films, (he's really good, don't you think?) He doesn't get to penetrate the really hot biker chick who falls in love with him, which is probably fortunate. You see, Stone has a mullet. Actually two mullets. One on his head that would put any 80's rock star to shame, and another that we have to see when he struts around wearing a string bikini. Codpiece? Mulletpiece.

I will give Brian credit for actually riding a motorcycle in the film. In fact, pretty much all the actors actually ride motorcycles. And there's plenty of good camera work of the gang making it's arrival, executing it's departure, and tooling around town terrorizing the locals. It's refreshing to look back in history to time when HDs were running 160 series rear tires...they handled pretty well back then.

After taking off several Klazy Kens for having to see Brian walking around naked, I added almost as many back for all the gratuitous nudity. And, the gratuitous nudity sets the stage for the most hilarious scene ever done in a biker movie: Stone and his FBI rookie are walking into a biker bar/strip club. Stone is busy briefing the rookie on the various subtleties of the biker culture. As they step into the bar, filled with strippers earning their tips, Stone turns to the FBI guy and says: "the truckers come here to look at the girls and get their rocks off." And you thought he was just another pretty face.

3.5 Klazy Kens

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Dude, Stone Cold is topnotch biker shtick. That Viking funeral for William Forsyth (All Hail!) is classic.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I'm just glad BBar didn't post a photo of Bosworth in his panties. The image may already be indelibly burned in my brain...
Old 01-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I'm just glad BBar didn't post a photo of Bosworth in his panties. The image may already be indelibly burned in my brain...
Well, just you hold up a minute. I own this dvd. Take me a few minutes to pull a couple of screenshots up for ya.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I'm afraid I don't watch this sort of thing...it's against my bringin' ups.

I will mention you all in my prayers....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You finally watech the all-time bad of bad biker movies? This film is THE low water point for every biker flick ever made. It is so bad that it's good. I have probably seen it at least 20 times. I love it.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:56 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I'm afraid I don't watch this sort of thing...it's against my bringin' ups.

I will mention you all in my prayers....
I'm afraid that after you buy Gojira and watch both US and Japanese versions and then watch them again with the commentaries and then watch all the special features.... well after all that your snobby attitude just doesn't cut it.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Gojira in Japanese is one of lifes sublime pleasures...this is just some failed Seahawk trying to make a buck. Doesn't look like he's any better at acting than he was at Football..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote