Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Multimedia > Motorcycle Videos

Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default American Nami

Look!! Up in the sky!!! It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s…a…motorcycle?? That’s right, shoppers; those are motorcycles flying by at altitudes that generally require FAA clearance. SuperCross is a look at the wild, whacky world of professional motorcycle racing on the dirt. And over the dirt. And over each other. And stuff.

Every teen movie cliché in the book is hauled out for this film. We have Tripp and KC, two brothers making their way alone in the world because their parents are dead. There’s the rich girl love interest and the tomboy girl love interest. Tripp is carefree and takes it to the edge. KC is conservative and a team player. Tripp is blonde and boinks the blonde chick. KC is brunette and boinks the brunette chick. KC knuckles under to “the man” to get his factory ride. Tripp gets a privateer ride via his dead father’s motorcycle club. It’s all there.

Hondas are red, Yamahas are blue. Kawis are green, and Nami is…not I wish the Nami bikes had been green too so I could finish the rhyme. “American Nami” is fictional motorcycle companies whose bikes look remarkably like Hondas. They are sort of gray and white, BFU if you ask me. The basic plot is that Nami has finally got a shot at a World Championship in SuperCross, that will put the company on the map. Their prime rider needs a blocker, and KC is the guy who gets to suck his scrotum into his lower intestines and lose on purpose so the big name factory rider can win. Needless to say, our hero has a problem riding in that condition, and has to floop his testes back down midway through the movie. Shoot, did I give it away? Nah, this flick is so predictable you’ll know exactly what is going to happen within the first 15 minutes.

The good news is that the motorcycle racing footage is superb. I watched the Special Features and learned that the producers hired stunt riders with professional racing licenses and had them qualify and actually run in the live races! So when you’re seeing #78 tear around the track in Vegas, it’s a real race. They also put cameras at every conceivable angle; so you could take multiple perspectives on the races as they progressed. There was a little bit of hokey split screen crap, but mostly the editing was excellent. One of the stunt riders was discussing the big crash scene early in the movie; he said “it’s real…and planned.” Ouch, those guys earn their pay.

This movie gets 3.5 Klazy Kens, a fairly high score based solely on the racing footage and not the plot. Ok, one full point is for the hot blonde chick. Reminds me of this girl I knew in Cocoa Beach....

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 01-12-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Just out of curiosity how many Klazy Kens did you give to Torque, Biker Boyz and Gigli?

We just need a point of reference here.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Gigli? Never heard of it.

Biker Boyz: 2 Klazy Kens. Not a bad movie, good music, would have done a lot better if it hadn't used the "Z" thing in the name.

Torque? Heard of it, haven't seen it yet. I'm off to NetFlix!