Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Vendors Forum

Old 02-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
Fastour1
Founding Member

Barbara just did a torso zipper replacement for me on jacket an older Dainese Luce touring suit jacket. She did a beautiful job for a fair price, and even offered a warranty - outstanding. I'm recommending her to my friends.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #12
Barbara Taylor
Registered Member

Hi,

I just wanted to throw up a quick review for Barbara Tatum out of Modesto CA.
I bought some leathers from Daniel at Tilt Custom suits a while back.
I liked the suit, good value for the price... Some minor things were off from what I ordered - colors, the collar. But all in all, I liked the suit, so I accepted it as it was.
(Daniel: I'm still going to take you up on that offer- My next suit at cost. )

It was, however, a bit too tight in the legs for my liking and I was having trouble moving about on the bike at the track.... and so I was referred to Barbara who makes suits and does repairs and alterations.

Well, first off, barbara is really nice. She was flexible and worked around my schedule, to drop off and pick up.
She also did an awesome job on my suit... she added kevlar to some areas to get me that extra room I needed, she fixed up the crotch, (which had started to come undone because i tried to stretch the thing too much)... she perforated the chest area - to get me some ventilation... well she just did an awesome job.
I didn't even get a chance to try it on when I picked it up because I was in a hurry, but when I got home it was like night and day for me. It fits perfectly now.
She even treated the the leather with something, because it's super soft now, and smells much a lot nicer than it used to.

It's rare that you get really good service like this these days... And it's pretty refreshing when you do.
I just got off the phone with her, because she called me to make sure everything had turned out all right for me...
So that just did it - I wouldn't feel right if I didn't give credit where it's due.

Her email addy is: tatumbarbara@sbcglobal.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by WinstonWolf : 03-09-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Barbara Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
rmorehouse2000
Registered Member

I always like to spread the word when I receive good service. I sent my father's old leather jacket to Barbara for a new zipper, and not only did she replace it with a nice heavy duty model, but she also conditioned the jacket before sending it back. Excellent turnaround time, a fair price, and high quality craftsmanship.
rmorehouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote