Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Vendors Forum

Old 10-05-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
barnacle
Registered Member

Default insurance

hello
i am new here but not on the road as i have a 95 suzuki katana 750 (or at least i have whats left of it)
and this is what i wanted to tell you all, those who think of buying a bike and those who already has one.
i was in an accident a while ago (the remnants of my bike i keep as souvenir) and unlucky for me it was
with an uninsured driver.
i managed to get from it rather well but my bike's gone and i did have to spand some time in a hospital.
i just beraly covered the costs with my insurance
i came across this law article that advises you what to do to prevent such a case so follow it and
keep yourselves safe

How Motorcyclists Can Protect Themselves From Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

This message was brought to you by "barnacle," a non-attorney spokesposter who is in no way affiliated with the Karney Law Firm. Really.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

If you didn't know: Insurance covers you upto the limit you pay for. Ex. If you are paying for a 100K/300K liability or uninsured motorist policy and you need to access that policy for injuries based on your uninsured motorist what are you eligible to access? Right! $100K. No more. Why? Cause you didn't pay for more than that you dumby.
People wonder why the insurance industry has high premiums. It's because of law suits that waste time and resouces. If you want a million dollars worth of coverage pay for it or quityer*****in!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:13 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Just happened to come across this article on the internet eh? We never had THAT happen around here lately.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:41 AM   #5
barnacle
Registered Member

i can assure you all that i am in no way connected to that article. i was looking for something of that nature since i was looking into the subject but it was only brought here for your benefit. read it or not i don't care
but there are people out there that do not know what they can do in case of an excident with a non-insured driver
Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnacle View Post
i can assure you all that i am in no way connected to that article. i was looking for something of that nature since i was looking into the subject but it was only brought here for your benefit. read it or not i don't care
but there are people out there that do not know what they can do in case of an excident with a non-insured driver
Try finding an insurance guy that cares about the customer. They exsist. I'm one. Never concerned about my loss ratio. Always concerned about the customer. If I take a hit on spiff money because I helped one of my customers with a claim I absolutely believe that that customer will send me 10-15 new customers before his policy is up for renewal.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
DavidL19
Registered Member

Default Accidents with unisured drivers

I have heard bad stories about riders getting into accidents with uninsured drivers before. I would recommend to make sure that you 1: have insurance that covers you with uninsured and under insured drivers and 2: make sure you can trust your insurance company. Not to push a specific company but below is information from my insurance carrier about this subject and a link to my insurance company.

Am I covered if I wreck with an uninsured motorist?
In the states where it applies, Uninsured Motorist Property Damage coverage will typically pay for damage to your bike caused by an uninsured motorist.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
Typically helps protect you for covered damage caused by drivers who don’t have insurance or don’t carry enough insurance. Uninsured Motorist Property Damage Uninsured Motorist for Property Damage coverage (if applicable in your state) will typically pay for covered damage to your insured cycle caused by an uninsured motorist.

You need to make sure you company stats something like this specifically in your insurance contract. Though there may be laws to protect you, you do not want a lengthy trail. Insurance companies have lawyers and must of us do not, so protect yourself.

David Lipsky
Advocate for Allstate
AllState Insurance Motorcycles
DavidL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
A Star Ride
Registered Member

is this considered "tag team spam"?
Old 03-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
lumilautailija
Registered Member

I am brand new to the site and im just wondering what would be a good guestimate for the price of insurance with a brand new kawasaki ninja 250r and im 18 years old and have a clean record and i was just wondering how long one should ride with a smaller bike to learn until switching to something bigger im usually a quick learner and once im used to the 250r i plan on switching to a zx-6r
lumilautailija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumilautailija View Post
I am brand new to the site and im just wondering what would be a good guestimate for the price of insurance with a brand new kawasaki ninja 250r and im 18 years old and have a clean record and i was just wondering how long one should ride with a smaller bike to learn until switching to something bigger im usually a quick learner and once im used to the 250r i plan on switching to a zx-6r
A ZX-6 is NOT an acceptable "next step" in your life moto-experiences. Not if you wish to continue having them.

Come back to us in a minimum of a year - then we'll talk about your switch. Until then, don't listen to your gimpy friends when they're braggin' about their Gixxer Thou and how badly it can blow your bike away. If you learn to ride that 250 properly, they'll never be able to even keep up with you.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote