Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Vendors Forum

Old 04-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
Helmet Skinz
Registered Member

Default New Helmet Skinz in the UK - And customised skinz

Hi All

I hope you don't mind the post, I was recommended by another off road site to post here.

Our new web site at Helmet Skinz - Skins protect motocross ATV Quad Bike Road street helmet skull (Powered by CubeCart) has just been launched and we are pleased to now be offering some fantastic new skinz in the store along with personalised printing if desired.

We also manufacture customised skinz with a minimum order of just 5 - or maybe less if you ask me nicely

By customised skinz I mean, your artwork, graphics, photos or any other design you want, in FULL colour, they look absolutely amazing. You can design this - we supply you the template or we can design it for you.

We then manufacture them, box them up and send them out to you.

If you just fancy your race number on one of our existing skinz then that's not a problem either.

Skinz protect your expensive shiny helmet! from mud, stone chips, roost or any other airborn particle that happens to be heading your way, when you've finished riding for the day just take the skin off your helmet, ooh and aaahh at your nice clean shiny helmet underneath, pop the skin in the washing machine and go and make yourself a cuppa.

Helmet Skinz are constructed of Lycra, which resists heavy mud, Helmet Skinz easily stretch over your helmet with no fasteners and conforms to your helmet with Helmet Skinz patented design.

The skin also has our Patented "Breathe Easy" Design ensuring you don't get all hot and sweaty inside.

Feel free to pop over to the web site at Helmet Skinz - Skins protect motocross ATV Quad Bike Road street helmet skull (Powered by CubeCart) and also to ask any questions you may have, I have attached a few samples below.

Helmet Skinz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

No problem. We are not communists here (well except for Ken) and welcome new products. Moved to Vendors Forum.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

All I can say is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Would you like some customer feedback? Good, because I have some. I saw your ad in the back of one of my motorcycle magazines, and ordered two Skinz, one for a "shorty" CF helmet my kid wears, and one for my Shoei full-face, which has a lot of scuffs and dings. They both sucked, and after screwing around with them for a few months, I tossed them both in a box in the garage where they've been ever since.

When you put the "skin" on the 1/2 helmet, you're left with this elastic ring around the inside that you have to poke the top of your head through. Aside from maybe spending a few hours with contact cement to permanently attach the elastic to the inside of the helmet, there is no remedy for this. If you can stand to wear the helmet with this annoying ring squeezing your head, when you take the helmet off, you have a nice red ring from the elastic pressure left on your head.

The skin for the Shoei was slightly better, I was able to get it installed so it covered the helmet fairly well. However, the part that covered the chin bar didn't really fit, and there was a white stripe left. However, the real problem with the skin is the flip up face shield. Once the skin is installed, you cannot open your faceshield because the material above the shield is too thick. As soon as you try to open face shield, it gets wedged in the material.

When I ordered I spoke to your sales person, and told her exactly what helmets I was ordering for, so I don't believe there is an issue with getting the wrong part. I think that your products may work on some helmets, but they damn sure didn't work on mine.

I'm not a Communist, dammit. I'm a Bleeding Heart Liberal Leftist Democrat. Sheese.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Would you like some customer feedback? Good, because I have some. I saw your ad in the back of one of my motorcycle magazines, and ordered two Skinz, one for a "shorty" CF helmet my kid wears, and one for my Shoei full-face, which has a lot of scuffs and dings. They both sucked, and after screwing around with them for a few months, I tossed them both in a box in the garage where they've been ever since.

When you put the "skin" on the 1/2 helmet, you're left with this elastic ring around the inside that you have to poke the top of your head through. Aside from maybe spending a few hours with contact cement to permanently attach the elastic to the inside of the helmet, there is no remedy for this. If you can stand to wear the helmet with this annoying ring squeezing your head, when you take the helmet off, you have a nice red ring from the elastic pressure left on your head.

The skin for the Shoei was slightly better, I was able to get it installed so it covered the helmet fairly well. However, the part that covered the chin bar didn't really fit, and there was a white stripe left. However, the real problem with the skin is the flip up face shield. Once the skin is installed, you cannot open your faceshield because the material above the shield is too thick. As soon as you try to open face shield, it gets wedged in the material.

When I ordered I spoke to your sales person, and told her exactly what helmets I was ordering for, so I don't believe there is an issue with getting the wrong part. I think that your products may work on some helmets, but they damn sure didn't work on mine.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I'm not a Communist, dammit. I'm a Bleeding Heart Liberal Leftist Democrat. Sheese.
Oh, like there's a difference..............

(not in the face! Not in the FACE!)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #7
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Havent used them, but weve had them in the states for quite some time now.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:12 AM   #8
rajagiri
Registered Member

Default hi

i don't know.

Last edited by seruzawa : 06-05-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: neither do we
rajagiri is offline   Reply With Quote