Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Vendors Forum

Old 11-23-2008, 05:14 AM   #21
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
You're telling me this crap isn't illegal? what a bunch of BS. D@mn squids.
Yup. As part of Florida's new Statute 10.128.255.255; "Let's Forget Crack Dealers and Go After Motorcyclists (Because it's easier and they don't shoot back very often)," these devices are specifically targeted and their use brings on the same reasonable and sensible punishments such as $1,000.00 fine (not kidding), siezure of bike under Drug Asset Siezure Laws (still not kidding), one year loss of M/C endorsement (really really not kidding) and removal of genitailia via K-9 Unit (only occasionally kidding).

Which, come to think of it, makes me wonder what Rossmeyer and the FL HD dealers are going to do with those fancy "flip away" license tag holders they've been putting on their new bikes (Nightster) here of late? Precedence suggests liability; a Florida HD dealer was sued, and lost the suit, for having installed an OEM HD LED light kit in the unfortunate color choioce of blue. The rider was arrested and charged with "Impersonation of a Police Officer." The rider was awarded wages lost, fines and fees, pain and suffering compensation for having his genitailia removed by a K-9 unit, and $1,500.00 in Genuine Harley Davidson Custom Chrome Accessories. Unfortunately I can't get them to install the lights on my Suzuki.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #22
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
So what do you do? ignore it? or do you have to call that in? I honestly hate some of the guys with straight pipes on the cruisers, when they rattle the windows in my house and the brain in my head, its a little much. Though there are alot of them that i don't see as a problem, like the triumph TOR pipes for the Scrambler aren't that loud. Then again, people buy R1s for their first bikes so i guess everyone goes over board.
I or we never did anything? Just another way around the system. Personally it does'nt bother me. I hear bike's doing well over the speed limit from my house every evening off I-75.

The Harleys with the drilled or removed baffles that can be very loud and obnoxious, I just try too laugh, as most of their hp is flying right out the window, or tail pipe.
I should say.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #23
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Yup. As part of Florida's new Statute 10.128.255.255; "Let's Forget Crack Dealers and Go After Motorcyclists (Because it's easier and they don't shoot back very often)," these devices are specifically targeted and their use brings on the same reasonable and sensible punishments such as $1,000.00 fine (not kidding), siezure of bike under Drug Asset Siezure Laws (still not kidding), one year loss of M/C endorsement (really really not kidding) and removal of genitailia via K-9 Unit (only occasionally kidding).

Which, come to think of it, makes me wonder what Rossmeyer and the FL HD dealers are going to do with those fancy "flip away" license tag holders they've been putting on their new bikes (Nightster) here of late? Precedence suggests liability; a Florida HD dealer was sued, and lost the suit, for having installed an OEM HD LED light kit in the unfortunate color choioce of blue. The rider was arrested and charged with "Impersonation of a Police Officer." The rider was awarded wages lost, fines and fees, pain and suffering compensation for having his genitailia removed by a K-9 unit, and $1,500.00 in Genuine Harley Davidson Custom Chrome Accessories. Unfortunately I can't get them to install the lights on my Suzuki.
Was this law just passed along with the over fifty, improper mounted tag, no wheelie's, here in Florida?
Old 11-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
The Harleys with the drilled or removed baffles that can be very loud and obnoxious, I just try too laugh, as most of their hp is flying right out the window, or tail pipe.
I should say.

That always cracks me up, along with the $1500 spent for a 5hp gain @ 5400rpm Big Sucker air cleaner+download+pipes deal. How many Harleys do you think ever see 5400 rpm ? Total waste of money....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:41 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
That always cracks me up, along with the $1500 spent for a 5hp gain @ 5400rpm Big Sucker air cleaner+download+pipes deal. How many Harleys do you think ever see 5400 rpm ? Total waste of money....
5HP gain @5400rpm

AND

5HP loss @3000rpm.

Darwin nominees.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #26
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
5HP gain @5400rpm

AND

5HP loss @3000rpm.

Darwin nominees.

They were out yesterday, it was sunny and upper 50's after being rainy and crappy all week. Shiny clean bikes and squeaky new leathers, all of them had loud pipes and those new forward facing cone aircleaners.. (just the ticket for a wet climate) they wouldn't even look at me with my filthy bagger and grimy 'stitch..I felt somehow validated LOL

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 11-24-2008 at 08:40 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #27
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
They were out yesterday, it was sunny and upper 50's after being rainy and crappy all week. Shiny clean bikes and squeaky new leathers, all of them had loud pipes and those new forward facing cone aircleaners.. (just the ticket for a wet climate) they wouldn't even look at me with my filthy bagger and grimy 'stitch..I felt somehow validated LOL
I quit ridin' in sunny weather altogether - you'll only catch me out in the worst monsoon or when it's feckin' colder'n a Witches black heart...........

I sometimes even taunt them:

"HA! That SUV's doin' you a LOT of good in THIS Weather, eh bub?"

Confuses the hell outta 'em...........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #28
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
5HP gain @5400rpm

AND

5HP loss @3000rpm.

Darwin nominees.
Just like the $1000 system for my k12rs. Gain 8hp at the very top and lose 5hp right where I cruise on the slab. Then having to listen to it on top of it all... I'll take my intake honk, sounds good and isnt there all the time.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #29
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Was this law just passed along with the over fifty, improper mounted tag, no wheelie's, here in Florida?
That's the one. Courtesy of Rep. Edwin Lopez-Ballierderablahblahblah. You should have seen what this hoser was trying to get passed before the AMA and ABATE got in front of him. The only thing that saved us is that (gosh darn it) the law can't discriminate in penalties against bikes for the same crime. So, while he still managed to get some pretty outrageous legislation passed, he had to tone it down because parts of it would have to apply to cagers. If I understand it correctly, if I stand up on my pegs to let the nuts adjust, it's a frikin crime!

A long time ago, LR (or was it Buzglyd?) told me I needed to join AMA. Anybody who rides who hasn't joined is a dope. Not only do they do great work protecting our riding rights, you get a decent magazine and cheap towing out of the deal to boot.

American Motorcyclist: The Official Site of the American Motorcyclist Association
Old 11-25-2008, 04:34 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"A long time ago, LR (or was it Buzglyd?) told me I needed to join AMA."

I tell everyone to join Ken. They may not be perfect, but it's all we have.