Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Old 04-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott121763 View Post
well I for one hope this is just a vicious rumor, I've been considering going to victory for some time now......would be a real ***** if they closed the doors.
If they don't improve their product line who knows? I have a Polaris snowmobile I use infrequently. After 3 years and only 260 miles on it the main suspension spring broke. I'll never buy another Polaris anything. Isn't worth the risk.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #22
Neal
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
Has anyone actually seen one of the new Cross Roads or the Cross Country? The local dealer hasn't got any in and couldn't tell me when he would. The dealer here is moving lots of bikes though. I've seen a lot of Vics on the road around here, even a Vision or two.
Yes I saw them at the Washington show in Jan. My Buddy just ordered a Cross Country. Supposed to be in this past weekend.,hopefully make it this weekend..when he gets it Ill try to wrangle a ride and let you know how it feels. Although I cant say I'm seeing "lots " of VICs around here,there's definitely more and more. Everybody I've talked to who has one loves it....if they can make it through this tuff economy (if it ever gets better) I think they will make it. They have a good product and are developing a loyal base. There major problem may be the lack of a relatively cheap "entry " bike comparable to the HD sporty line.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #23
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

There were a LOT of Victorys (Victories??) at Daytona. Big wads of them...traveling in packs...like hyenas. I suspect they've got some sort of bizzare ritual they perform before each ride. The Road Captain dresses up like the mythological god Polaris, and leads the pack in a group urination upon a giant styrofoam Harley Bar and Shield logo.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
There were a LOT of Victorys (Victories??) at Daytona. Big wads of them...traveling in packs...like hyenas. I suspect they've got some sort of bizzare ritual they perform before each ride. The Road Captain dresses up like the mythological god Polaris, and leads the pack in a group urination upon a giant styrofoam Harley Bar and Shield logo.

Bastards......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:32 AM   #25
cherrycherry
Banned

Sorry, I don't know much about this
cherrycherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #26
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycherry View Post
Sorry, I don't know much about this
Check with Dave. He's the guy with the Harley named "Daisy."
Old 05-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #27
Paoli
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Polaris is the world's largest manufacturer of snowmobiles. There are no indications that the company as a whole is in trouble. Whether or not the Victory line of overpriced cruisers and personal spacecraft will survive is another story. Polaris did close their unprofitable line of watercraft a few years back. Since it's an American company it has the usual American problem of producing some pretty inferior stuff, though apparently Victory has avoided the quality issues that plague the rest of the company. Their ATVs are the worst you can buy and the snowmobiles, while improved recently, aren't as good as, say, Yammerhammers.
I have owned several Polaris snowmobiles and I have not had any trouble with them at all. I believe they make great snowmobiles and would not not consider buying a japanese snowmobile.
Paoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paoli View Post
I have owned several Polaris snowmobiles and I have not had any trouble with them at all. I believe they make great snowmobiles and would not not consider buying a japanese snowmobile.
My 2005 550 RMK has only 500 miles on it and it's main spring went sproing my last trip. The starter rope broke last year. Not an auspicious beginning. The 33o Indy I had before that needed constant maintenance. On the other hind my old Yamaha Bravo had to be put down because it would never stop running.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #29
Paoli
Registered Member

Only 500 miles in 5 years?
Up here in Canada we put 5000 miles on it in 2 years.
Starter ropes will break if you pull them often enough when machines don't start because of lack of maintenance.......you also need to make sure the kill switch is not on when pulling the rope.
Paoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #30
notabiker
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Polaris is the world's largest manufacturer of snowmobiles. There are no indications that the company as a whole is in trouble. Whether or not the Victory line of overpriced cruisers and personal spacecraft will survive is another story. Polaris did close their unprofitable line of watercraft a few years back. Since it's an American company it has the usual American problem of producing some pretty inferior stuff, though apparently Victory has avoided the quality issues that plague the rest of the company. Their ATVs are the worst you can buy and the snowmobiles, while improved recently, aren't as good as, say, Yammerhammers.
overpriced? a vegas 8 ball sells for less than a big twin HD. you get a 100 inch motor that can get out of its own way. way better bike than the HD i owned before it. standard are a oil cooler, brakes that stop and wheels that look nice enough to keep on the bike.
notabiker is offline   Reply With Quote