Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #31
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Man, that is a tough question!
This is ridiculous. I didn't spend this much time thinking about getting married or divorced. One minute I'm telling myself don't even consider it...it's irreplaceable. The next I'm thinking I ride the Kawi almost always nowdays and the HD is just wasted. And $10k is a lot for that bike, no doubt.

Anybody got one of those "8-Ball" things you turn over for answers?
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #32
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Anybody got one of those "8-Ball" things you turn over for answers?
Better not tell you Now!
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:56 AM   #33
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
This is ridiculous. I didn't spend this much time thinking about getting married or divorced. One minute I'm telling myself don't even consider it...it's irreplaceable. The next I'm thinking I ride the Kawi almost always nowdays and the HD is just wasted. And $10k is a lot for that bike, no doubt.

Anybody got one of those "8-Ball" things you turn over for answers?
This question is much more important than marriage or divorce. It needs to be considered carefully, lest the rest of your life will be lived in regret!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default Well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
This is ridiculous. I didn't spend this much time thinking about getting married or divorced. One minute I'm telling myself don't even consider it...it's irreplaceable. The next I'm thinking I ride the Kawi almost always nowdays and the HD is just wasted. And $10k is a lot for that bike, no doubt.

Anybody got one of those "8-Ball" things you turn over for answers?
... I think you should keep the Shovelhead. I know I wish I'd kept mine. when it comes to Harley "cool" a Shovelhead has it all over Evos and Twin Cams. If you sell it I guarantee that you'll kick yourself every time you see someone else on one.

A Shovelhead will never demand alimony or ask you if it looks fat.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #35
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

[quote=seruzawa;172152A Shovelhead will never demand alimony or ask you if it looks fat.[/QUOTE]

It may not demand alimony but it bit the heck out of my leg in the Keys a month ago... And it has a drinking problem; it swills motor oil all day and then pukes it on the garage floor at night. It's too loud and only stops making noise just when I don't want it to.

I sent the broker lady a long list of every little ding and dent, and all the stuff that isn't perfect on the bike. I figure if they still want it after all that, then come and get it.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:08 AM   #36
newagetwotone
Registered Member
 
newagetwotone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,302
Default

Why do you need to consider lineage, history and heritage when considering buying a motorcycle? Personally i think that quality, price and competitive features are more important,

If i have $15k and look at the company with heritage or the company thats newer (at least to cruisers) but uses newer tech and builds better bikes... welllllllll
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 AM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Why do you need to consider lineage, history and heritage when considering buying a motorcycle? Personally i think that quality, price and competitive features are more important,

If i have $15k and look at the company with heritage or the company thats newer (at least to cruisers) but uses newer tech and builds better bikes... welllllllll
Heritage and lineage? Because that is what having a cruiser is all about. Being original and not a copy. Kind of like asking why you don't want to dress up like Elvis. If quality and price are important to you, what the hell would you be doing on a cruiser in the first place? You can get a Hayabusa for lots less and it will kick these things to the curb in any category you want to mention.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:17 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default I'd still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Heritage and lineage? Because that is what having a cruiser is all about. Being original and not a copy. Kind of like asking why you don't want to dress up like Elvis. If quality and price are important to you, what the hell would you be doing on a cruiser in the first place? You can get a Hayabusa for lots less and it will kick these things to the curb in any category you want to mention.
... get a Victory over a Harley if I were to buy a new cruiser. Victory's on the top of the list of cruisers that I'm not likely to ever buy.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #39
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

DON'T DO IT KEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a buddy who was pretty much a free-loading f*ck in general, but he did give me one peice of sound advice. "never sell a bike for money, the money won't last and then the bike will be gone too"

I've regretted selling my 80 FLH since the minute I handed the guy the keys. I know you're making out with this deal but you will regret it everytime you go out to the garage. There's always more money from somewhere.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
It may not demand alimony but it bit the heck out of my leg in the Keys a month ago... And it has a drinking problem; it swills motor oil all day and then pukes it on the garage floor at night. It's too loud and only stops making noise just when I don't want it to.
Heck if you met a girl like that you'd keep HER.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off