Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Old 10-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #31
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Man, that is a tough question!
This is ridiculous. I didn't spend this much time thinking about getting married or divorced. One minute I'm telling myself don't even consider it...it's irreplaceable. The next I'm thinking I ride the Kawi almost always nowdays and the HD is just wasted. And $10k is a lot for that bike, no doubt.

Anybody got one of those "8-Ball" things you turn over for answers?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #32
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Better not tell you Now!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:56 AM   #33
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
This is ridiculous. I didn't spend this much time thinking about getting married or divorced. One minute I'm telling myself don't even consider it...it's irreplaceable. The next I'm thinking I ride the Kawi almost always nowdays and the HD is just wasted. And $10k is a lot for that bike, no doubt.

This question is much more important than marriage or divorce. It needs to be considered carefully, lest the rest of your life will be lived in regret!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Well....

Quote:

... I think you should keep the Shovelhead. I know I wish I'd kept mine. when it comes to Harley "cool" a Shovelhead has it all over Evos and Twin Cams. If you sell it I guarantee that you'll kick yourself every time you see someone else on one.

A Shovelhead will never demand alimony or ask you if it looks fat.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #35
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

[quote=seruzawa;172152A Shovelhead will never demand alimony or ask you if it looks fat.[/QUOTE]

It may not demand alimony but it bit the heck out of my leg in the Keys a month ago... And it has a drinking problem; it swills motor oil all day and then pukes it on the garage floor at night. It's too loud and only stops making noise just when I don't want it to.

I sent the broker lady a long list of every little ding and dent, and all the stuff that isn't perfect on the bike. I figure if they still want it after all that, then come and get it.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:08 AM   #36
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Why do you need to consider lineage, history and heritage when considering buying a motorcycle? Personally i think that quality, price and competitive features are more important,

If i have $15k and look at the company with heritage or the company thats newer (at least to cruisers) but uses newer tech and builds better bikes... welllllllll
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 AM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Why do you need to consider lineage, history and heritage when considering buying a motorcycle? Personally i think that quality, price and competitive features are more important,

If i have $15k and look at the company with heritage or the company thats newer (at least to cruisers) but uses newer tech and builds better bikes... welllllllll
Heritage and lineage? Because that is what having a cruiser is all about. Being original and not a copy. Kind of like asking why you don't want to dress up like Elvis. If quality and price are important to you, what the hell would you be doing on a cruiser in the first place? You can get a Hayabusa for lots less and it will kick these things to the curb in any category you want to mention.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:17 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

Default I'd still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Heritage and lineage? Because that is what having a cruiser is all about. Being original and not a copy. Kind of like asking why you don't want to dress up like Elvis. If quality and price are important to you, what the hell would you be doing on a cruiser in the first place? You can get a Hayabusa for lots less and it will kick these things to the curb in any category you want to mention.
... get a Victory over a Harley if I were to buy a new cruiser. Victory's on the top of the list of cruisers that I'm not likely to ever buy.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #39
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

DON'T DO IT KEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a buddy who was pretty much a free-loading f*ck in general, but he did give me one peice of sound advice. "never sell a bike for money, the money won't last and then the bike will be gone too"

I've regretted selling my 80 FLH since the minute I handed the guy the keys. I know you're making out with this deal but you will regret it everytime you go out to the garage. There's always more money from somewhere.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
It may not demand alimony but it bit the heck out of my leg in the Keys a month ago... And it has a drinking problem; it swills motor oil all day and then pukes it on the garage floor at night. It's too loud and only stops making noise just when I don't want it to.
Heck if you met a girl like that you'd keep HER.