Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Old 09-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
johnfarrell
Founding Member

Post current BMW GPS promotion

BEWARE of dealers refusing to honor the "free GPS or Training school" with the purchase of a new bike. Had a dealer state that the promotion did not meet the busines criteria for the promotion, what ever that might be. Sounds like BMW advertises and the dealer uses that to induce a sale and then refuses to honor the promotion.

I don't think BMW knows of this practice or they would not advertise the offer!

Let me know if you have encountered a similar situation with BMW
johnfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
johnfarrell
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfarrell View Post
BEWARE of dealers refusing to honor the "free GPS or Training school" with the purchase of a new bike. Had a dealer state that the promotion did not meet the busines criteria for the promotion, what ever that might be. Sounds like BMW advertises and the dealer uses that to induce a sale and then refuses to honor the promotion.

I don't think BMW knows of this practice or they would not advertise the offer!

Let me know if you have encountered a similar situation with BMW
Followed up with BMW and they ducked the issue and dumped it back on the dealer who we call the SLIMEY LIMEY here in Denver. Don't expect them to be up to American standards in terms of honesty or values. Still think it a case of BAIT AND SWITCH , question is was BMW part of the scam or not, they surely didnt try to help me , the consumer!!!
johnfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Seeing as....

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfarrell View Post
Followed up with BMW and they ducked the issue and dumped it back on the dealer who we call the SLIMEY LIMEY here in Denver. Don't expect them to be up to American standards in terms of honesty or values. Still think it a case of BAIT AND SWITCH , question is was BMW part of the scam or not, they surely didnt try to help me , the consumer!!!
... it took BMW twenty years to fix their sidestand issue and they are only recently dealing with the years long exploding rear hubs issue I wouldn't hold my breath expecting them to deal with this ever.