Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Old 07-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #11
pdad13
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtowns View Post
This rumor has been out there for a couple of years. A biker I met in on hwy 1 in So. Cal a few years ago told me that Buell would be coming out with a Rotax motor, glad he was right. If they can drop the Tuono motor into a Buell it would be a thing of beauty.
Well, to say he was right is still a bit of a stretch. It's still a rumor. And the rumor says that it won't be the 60-degree V Tuono engine, but a new 45-degree (my guess is so they have to make as few changes to the chassis as possible). And the rumor also says that the new bikes will have slightly less radical steering geometry.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #12
pdad13
Founding Member

Hmmnnn, now MCN (UK) is making noise about an exciting new bike--a V-twin Superbike--announcement first thing Monday morning.

To quote (loosely): "Most exciting since Ducati's 1098...looks like nothing else...sounds like a proper V-twin...excellent handling..."

That doesn't sound like a Buell, does it?. Of course, they don't mention any engine details. And please remember, this is MCN (UK).

Please do not let it look like the XBRR...please, Lord.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Enlighten me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
Hmmnnn, now MCN (UK) is making noise about an exciting new bike--a V-twin Superbike--announcement first thing Monday morning.

To quote (loosely): "Most exciting since Ducati's 1098...looks like nothing else...sounds like a proper V-twin...excellent handling..."

That doesn't sound like a Buell, does it?. Of course, they don't mention any engine details. And please remember, this is MCN (UK).

Please do not let it look like the XBRR...please, Lord.
What the heck is a "proper" V-twin?
Old 07-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #14
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
What the heck is a "proper" V-twin?
..I always thought that fell under an early 80's Virago...
Old 07-06-2007, 02:05 PM   #15
pdad13
Founding Member

Hell if I know. They're British.