Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Old 06-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Dream on

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Wouldn't an updated CBX inline-six be cool, though?
Yeah, but the bean counters would never allow it. Those daze are long over for Big Red.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2007, 10:47 AM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Wouldn't an updated CBX inline-six be cool, though?
I'd buy an update CBX in a heartbeat. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple of 79's, but I am afraid my memory of how great that bike was would not live up to the reality of how bad it is compared to the new bikes. A new one would be the cats ass though!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #33
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The CBR 1300 they sell in Europa to compete with Suzuki's GSX 1400 would be a fun bike to have. I'd still get the Suzook but the Honda would probably do ok anyway

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #34
rpt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Along with the 'Busa I'd look at the ZX14 or the new K1200 R or K1200S. Even The Triumph Sprint would be an option, Honda is a car company these days. Soichiro is spinning in his grave fer' sure, I wouldn't waste my time with them anymore myself.
ZX14 - to much for me. kawa motors have that punch that leaves you breathless. not my cup of tea
K series - to new. I know a few with problems (gear box, electronics, &c.) and as a VFR owner I'm not used to it ...
Triumph - nowere near of buit quality of VFR or Busa
rpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #35
findangle
Founding Member

take em both for a ride and it should be obvious?

i assume your without bike atm.. so when you stand on your porch and imagine yourself tearing through your favorite twisty corners which bike are you on?
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #36
mikedard
Founding Member

Default "V4s are the future of motorcycling!", I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
How could they drop the VFR? 800cc V4s are the future of motorcycling!
. The Honda V5 was to be the replacement for the VFR for years I waited, I gave up waiting, I swapped my VFR for a BMW. Nice bikes, but I still have a few more years before I'll switch to Luxo Touring. I'm still holding and waiting for the Honda V5 Sport Touring model. I have become cynical with Honda over this huge screw up though, promising a new model or seeming to then nothing! Each new model year you wait for the big new earth shaking revelation that is to push the edge, and then let down with the same old V4 or the new DN-01! Come on Honda! It's a nice scooter but, it's not earth shaking! Hype, that's all, put the V5 in your Sport and Sport Touring models and shake up the world!!!
mikedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #37
CyberAngel
Registered Member

Looks like a very old thread and I wonder what bike did he choose. My friend has an old VFR and I have an old Busa. The difference is do you commute or travel . Do you want to be be quick on turns or huge power for straight line?
CyberAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #38
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Yes, old thread.
However I see it funny when people crash their current bike then want a bigger one? Iam I the only one that finds this a little weird? This happens constantly in my dealership.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #39
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Yes, old thread.
However I see it funny when people crash their current bike then want a bigger one? Iam I the only one that finds this a little weird? This happens constantly in my dealership.
Funny, I overheard a conversation between two guys and a salesmook at a local dealership on just that subject. Essentially, guy crashes his ZX-6, and is looking for something to replace it - but "NOT another 600, 'cuz that one was just too slow man.........." (I am surrounded by miles and miles of the largest Rider's Mecca of curvy roads aside from the Appalachian area of the South)

When I left, the starboyz-N-trainin' was astraddle a 'Busa..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #40
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Funny, I overheard a conversation between two guys and a salesmook at a local dealership on just that subject. Essentially, guy crashes his ZX-6, and is looking for something to replace it - but "NOT another 600, 'cuz that one was just too slow man.........." (I am surrounded by miles and miles of the largest Rider's Mecca of curvy roads aside from the Appalachian area of the South)

When I left, the starboyz-N-trainin' was astraddle a 'Busa..........
Theres never any shortage of this type of logic in the dealership Iam at. Yet the other salesman know not to let me hear any of them not speaking up on the matter. I'll usually interject and mess up their whole sale. Specially if I hear them selling a big bike to a first timer.

At least you have roads that demand skill, here in Florida they think if they can top out any bike on the Bridge that they have out grown it?