Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Old 06-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I think the V5 window has come and gone. It's not that they won't do it, but I just don't see them doing it. THey could just to a 1000cc V-Four with 160hp and 100tq and call it a day.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2007, 10:17 AM   #12
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollert View Post
Jeeeez, if they built something to replace the Blackbird and VFR800 with that V5, with similar power, weight and purpose as the other two biggins, I think they could clean house.
Remember, we ARE talking "Honda" here. It's O.K. to sit on yer arse when you make a "superior" product..........
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

They could but it's easier to live on their past accomplishments apparently.

Maybe the Honda Corp should find some motorcycle enthusiasts to run the motorcycle division. The bean counters aren't doing such a hot job.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Big Disappointment

I've been putzing around looking for a new bike for some time. Saturday a week ago the kid and I rode down to the local Honda "Power Store," Rick Case Honda. First, the dealership was a frikin mess. Not the cool, fun, old-school motorcycle shop kind of mess, but a dumpy, over stuffed, barely organized mess. Piles of generators and unrelated crap everywhere. The "salesperson" couldn't find an ST1300 to show me, so we had to drive to the nearby Rick Case CAR dealership where they store excess inventory. The bike was CHEESY. My 86 Concours has more quality! Then we went back to the dealership, and the whole way I was getting the "car salesman closing statements." Very annoying. It's a shame, I really loved my 02 VFR, and the dealer in AZ was cool. Our local Kawi/Suzi/Yamaha shop is much better. Who cares? I do. If you buy new, you're going to have a relationship with the dealer for at least a year or so. When you get down to the fractions of percentages that differentiate equivalent bikes these days, it's time to look at other factors.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:00 PM   #15
JBAXX
Registered Member

I agree with one of the prior posts. Wait a few months and see what Honda and Suzook roll out. Of course you could always pick up a slightly used VFR. Love my '04...
JBAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:34 PM   #16
YamaCat
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpt View Post
after a crash with my '00 VFR, I was left with the choice of repairing it (fairings and dashboard, 2750 euros) and keep it or get a new bike. Wify support on this was strangely strong (she must have seen insurance policies).

How ever, the thing that turns me on is the Viffer or the Busa.
Both are expected to get new models, RSN.

Any toughts ?
I wanted to like the VFR more than any other bike on the road because of the v-four motor but I am 6'4" with size 14 feet. I just couldn't make the magazine articles match the reality of the situation. So I bought an FZ1 and use it with oxford sports touring gear for the exact same kind of riding I was planning on using the Honda for. Your bike is pre-VTEC. You get to enjoy the high-speed whine of gear driven cams. Do not sell your VFR or you will miss it for sure.

Also, The Busa and the VFR are two bikes that have little in common. Why or How did you arrive at the conclusion that the Busa will be the bike you move on too? Have you decided to fore go Sport Touring Nirvana for straight-line bliss? Or, are you going to turn the Busa into a Sport Touring bike?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #17
rvfrules
Founding Member

Rumor has it that Honda's releasing a new V-4. About the broken bike that the thread starter posted on, I'd look into fixing it with used parts where possible and doing as much of the work myself as I could. It's a great bike.
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 AM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Along with the 'Busa I'd look at the ZX14 or the new K1200 R or K1200S. Even The Triumph Sprint would be an option, Honda is a car company these days. Soichiro is spinning in his grave fer' sure, I wouldn't waste my time with them anymore myself.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #19
v2-90
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvfrules View Post
Rumor has it that Honda's releasing a new V-4. About the broken bike that the thread starter posted on, I'd look into fixing it with used parts where possible and doing as much of the work myself as I could. It's a great bike.
I'll be interested in seeing if Honda keeps the VFR alive with an updated motor. If so, hopefully it won't have VTEC, or at least they'll have it worked out to where it actually beneficial to have, instead of just something "cool" to talk about having.