Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-rumor-mill-new-model-news/)
-   -   Buell (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-rumor-mill-new-model-news/20732-buell.html)

jmdonald 12-12-2012 04:48 PM

Buell

Looks like they have some financing.

Buell may be coming back

Buzglyd 12-12-2012 06:04 PM

That's great news.

There is an error at the end of the article. It says Buell will forego "winded" engines for liquid cooled.

Buell already had done that under Harley with the Rotax motor.

12er 12-12-2012 07:05 PM

Score, liked the uly, well other than the short shifting.

The Spaceman 12-13-2012 06:44 AM

You have to admire his determination.

Maybe when he gets his manufacturing up to speed, he can cut a deal with another player in the market who has motorcycle dealerships whose products don't directly compete with Buell's, to sell his bikes out of their locations. There might even be a marketing strategy that would bring new customers in for the established brand to build on...

Nah, that's crazy talk.

sarnali2 12-13-2012 08:26 AM

Looks like they'll be using the Rotax engine across the board, though I love the Sporty motor that's probably for the best. Get's them away from HD at least. Good Luck to them.

seruzawa 12-13-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 279063)
Looks like they'll be using the Rotax engine across the board, though I love the Sporty motor that's probably for the best. Get's them away from HD at least. Good Luck to them.

After what HD did to Buell, HD can GFI.

sarnali2 12-13-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 279064)

Yurp, brings back the FTF days.

The Spaceman 12-13-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 279064)

The irony is that HD f'd themselves just as badly as they did Buell in the process. What a pack of idiots the HD leadership team is. After the Buell and MV fiascos, I wonder why the board of directors hasn't fired the entire senior managment cadre.

pdad13 12-13-2012 09:59 AM

What this means is that there will be financing available for dealers who want to buy/stock EBR bikes. That's a very important step for building a dealer network, but no money is going directly into the company.

The technical agreement and money they got from HERO will be what's initially funding development of the new bikes. I'm excited to see it happen. If EBR succeeds, it would make one hell of a story. (Book or movie rights, anyone?)

I'm looking forward to a new Lightning and maybe even 848ish sportbike done with fewer compromises than the old Buells. If they're done right, I'd be willing to spend a little extra for them, which I was never prepared to do with the old bikes.

The_AirHawk 12-13-2012 04:31 PM

Maybe Erik will even expand the EBR brand into ELECTRIC Motos, as a Wave of the Future...

(give a new meaning to the name "Lightning")