Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Old 05-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Default Honda CBR250R

The kid and I decided to go and see one of these at Riva this weekend. They said they'd gotten in 4 and sold them within a few days of arrival. It will be months before they get more.

On CycleTrader.com they're pricing them for as much as $1,000 over MSRP. That's at the few places that actually have them for sale, most of the ads are "accepting deposits."

I guess that proves the market is there. Now they just need some product.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

There's a similar situation here in Utah with smaller DP bikes. The Suzuki dealer in Salt Lake gets about 6 DR200s each year and all are usually sold in a few days. The dealer claims he can't get more no matter how much he asks even though people keep coming in looking for them.

I'm wondering if it's simply that the importers have been spoiled by the large numbers of big ticket bikes that sell in the USA and they just don't want to be bothered with selling larger numbers of bikes that realize less profit per unit.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

I go to Riva at least a couple of times a month, either just to smell the new bikes or to get parts. I have seen the same damn bikes there for months, some have been there since '09. Seems to me the sportbikes are the ones sitting around. Although they have a C-14 and a VFR that have been there a while as well.

They had 2 VStrom 650's in stock; they lasted less than 6 weeks. DRZs turn over pretty quick too.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
I go to Riva at least a couple of times a month, either just to smell the new bikes or to get parts. I have seen the same damn bikes there for months, some have been there since '09. Seems to me the sportbikes are the ones sitting around. Although they have a C-14 and a VFR that have been there a while as well.

They had 2 VStrom 650's in stock; they lasted less than 6 weeks. DRZs turn over pretty quick too.
There are only just so many rich 17-year-olds that can afford to buy a $10,000 Supersport or $13,000 Literbike....
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Hmmm .. there's a dealer advertising these on craigslist milwaukee:

'11 Honda CBR250R - $3999 (SE Wisconsin)

We have a beautiful, brand new 2011 Honda CBR250R in metallic black. This is a torquey, fun bike with dependable fuel injection producing a 77 MPG rating! Here's what Honda has to say about this awesome machine:
The all-new 2011 CBR250R brings a fresh take on the fun side of motorcycling, one that especially suits riders entering the sport. Thanks to its extremely efficient 249 cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine--an all-new design featuring a sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head, engine counterbalancer, and fuel injection--this dependable and lightweight machine delivers nimble handling, a broad spread of easily accessible power and low operating costs all in one. Whether the day calls for a commute to work, quick trips around town or all-day explorations in the countryside, the CBR250R is a great way to get acquainted with the many faces of motorcycling, all at an affordable price.

Call Nick today @ (262)547-3088 or just stop in to see your new motorcycle asap! Action Power Sports in Waukesha- just 20 minutes west of Milwaukee on the corner of Hwy 164 and Hwy 59.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:45 AM   #6
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
Hmmm .. there's a dealer advertising these on craigslist milwaukee:

'11 Honda CBR250R - $3999 (SE Wisconsin)
Can you go pick it up for me and ship it? I'll send you a check as soon as my direct deposit hits.

Nah...I like the red one better.

Its.......A FACT!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-07-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Can you go pick it up for me and ship it? I'll send you a check as soon as my direct deposit hits.

I'll Gladly pay you Tuesday for a Motorcycle Today!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:36 AM   #8
henryb
Registered Member

Honda CBR250R bike looks like sport bike and huge.And if any person ride on that bike and on road then it gives that person personality look.And this bike is heavy for riding.But with this bike there is one problem that it gives average of 5 to 10 not more and it is costly and price for this bike is also so high.So not any one can afford it.
henryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Exclamation I've got two on the floor!

Quote:

Let me know, and you wont have to go to Wisconsin!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Let me know, and you wont have to go to Wisconsin!
Are you selling bikes again, Mokely? If so, whats the name of your shop?

Its.......A FACT!