Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-rumor-mill-new-model-news/)
-   -   thought this might be interesting (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-rumor-mill-new-model-news/17779-thought-might-interesting.html)

mightydog 03-10-2011 07:08 AM

thought this might be interesting

pushrod 03-10-2011 07:28 AM

Sorry,

I don't do FaceBook...

You have a 'Cliff's Notes' version?

pplassm 03-14-2011 11:32 AM

"Vertical Scope" is an organization fronting a few internet corporations (Autoforums.com, aka the Borg) that attempt to absorb (sometimes by force) successful vehicle enthusiast sites. The fear is that this will restrict data sharing among enthusiasts, and flood the forums with ads.

Several sites are mentioned, including svriders.com. Lots of comments from people who were initially involved with the sites, and subsequently, were kicked to the curb by Vertical Scope. Could just be sour grapes.

Is this real, or just paranoia? Dunno

pplassm 03-14-2011 11:39 AM

Ahem.

Here is a direct quote from the page:

"Steven Strode
"I used to moderate on motorcycle.com. I quit after I discovered from user/testers of bikes that the new management in recent years has been getting the road tests vetted by the manufacturers before publication. Valid criticisms of bikes are removed before publication. Data about the extreme unreliability of the new 4-stroke MX bikes is kept quiet. Virtually no criticisms of BMW or Honda are allowed, except for a few niggles thrown in to give an apparency that the test is thorough and objective. Verticalscope can KMA."

I have no knowledge of this guy, or of the truthfullness of his comments. Just posting from the FB page.

pushrod 03-14-2011 01:31 PM

You guys knew him.

Different 'handle', but he told us he was done.

And no, he doesn't live in Chi-town.

sarnali2 03-14-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 256932)
You guys knew him.

Different 'handle', but he told us he was done.

And no, he doesn't live in Chi-town.

Yup, he's the real deal..........as opposed to the real Neil....

YouTube - Neil Young Cowgirl In The Sand

pplassm 03-15-2011 12:04 PM

Hey. I got tickets for Neil next month!

Morbo the Destroyer 03-15-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 256921)
"Vertical Scope" is an organization fronting a few internet corporations (Autoforums.com, aka the Borg) that attempt to absorb (sometimes by force) successful vehicle enthusiast sites. The fear is that this will restrict data sharing among enthusiasts, and flood the forums with ads.

Several sites are mentioned, including svriders.com. Lots of comments from people who were initially involved with the sites, and subsequently, were kicked to the curb by Vertical Scope. Could just be sour grapes.

Is this real, or just paranoia? Dunno

VScope took over Stromtrooper.com about 6-9 months ago. So far the only difference I've noticed is a few more ads here and there. If it keeps the site online, it's ok with me.

daeng 04-08-2011 09:39 AM

hmm.. just watching in here.. :)