Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-rumor-mill-new-model-news/)
-   -   The 2stroke is not dead! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-rumor-mill-new-model-news/15427-2stroke-not-dead.html)

MOKE1K 05-31-2010 09:46 AM

The 2stroke is not dead!

Even though many of the regulars on this site would never ever even think of riding a motorcycle with illegal exhaust let alone what Iam about to show you. When I first started riding bikes before I started racing I used to dream of the neck snapping power of a 500 twostroke. Watching the men of my era trying to control these animalistic beasts intrigued me to no end and one main reason I started racing in the first place. I thought this dream might have been realized with the introduction of the Bimota Vdue, but it was not to be. Now however
it just might come to fruition. Check it out and enjoy. The simple fact that this bike is going to be produced is proof that there are people that still believe in the reality of this dream.

The Two-Stroke Shop 2-Stroke Shop

The_AirHawk 05-31-2010 09:58 AM

You appear to continue having the impression that the "regulars" are all old fuddy-duddy's; that have no appreciation for Racing, Race Machines, Loud Bikes (and Cars!), or the people with Skilzorz that get to play with this machinery day in, day out. Or that we'd "never ever even think of riding a motorcycle with illegal exhaust let alone what Iam about to show you".

Yea man, that thing is just too damn Illegal - I'd never ride it in a Brazillion years, yo!

/sarcasm

Buzglyd 05-31-2010 10:32 AM

How are we gonna get one here is the question.

pplassm 05-31-2010 12:49 PM

They've been working on that thingfor several years now. While I applaud their efforts, I have yet to see an article written about a running bike.

$20K for a one-off two stroke track machine doesn't sound that bad. So how come we haven't seen/heard more from these guys?

Just asking.

MOKE1K 05-31-2010 05:38 PM

Maybe I'll try and contact them.

Kenneth_Moore 05-31-2010 06:09 PM

I think it looks pretty neat, but the hype and their own dyno chart are kinda out of whack.

The text:

can produce 130HP, and 65lb.ft of torque

The chart:
111-113 HP
<60 Ft-Lbs

Still neat, though.

MOKE1K 06-03-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 242930)
You appear to continue having the impression that the "regulars" are all old fuddy-duddy's; that have no appreciation for Racing, Race Machines, Loud Bikes (and Cars!), or the people with Skilzorz that get to play with this machinery day in, day out. Or that we'd "never ever even think of riding a motorcycle with illegal exhaust let alone what Iam about to show you".

Yea man, that thing is just too damn Illegal - I'd never ride it in a Brazillion years, yo!

/sarcasm

It shouldn't appear that way, it is presented that way on more than one occasion. And one example is all the flack people get about running an aftermarket exhaust, here, on a motorcycle forum?

I'm not saying you wouldn't ride it, but you probably wouldn't ride it on the street day in and day out.

seruzawa 06-03-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 242948)
I think it looks pretty neat, but the hype and their own dyno chart are kinda out of whack.

The text:

can produce 130HP, and 65lb.ft of torque

The chart:
111-113 HP
<60 Ft-Lbs

Still neat, though.

That 130hp number is correct. That's a special kind of hp. It's "Investor Encouragement Horsepower". Motoczycz has been using this form of "horsepower" for years. Well, maybe horsepower isn't the exactly correct term but it does have the word "horse" in it.

MOKE1K 06-13-2010 06:33 PM

I know alot probably won't agree with me on this one, but this thing is totally bad ass! I would ride this thing everywhere, for miles.

sarnali2 06-13-2010 07:04 PM

The guy in the T-Shirt looks like a used car salesman....Coincidence?......I think not....

Mokester, I think the only guy around here that doesn't like loud pipes is me, if that makes me a fudd then that's OK. Lot's of guys are running non-stock exhaust, whatever flips their switch.