Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Old 02-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

No that there is a Mustang riding along what looks like San Fernando Road in Glendale, California (where the Mustang was built). They used an English built Burman 4 speed transmission with a kick-starter and a clutch. A Gladden 350cc side-valve industrial motor provided the poop, and it topped out at around sixty. The Gladden was a real piece or work, polished connecting rods, relieved intake & exhaust port, and a Tilotson 1/4 inch carb. Put out around 10 horsepower. That's an exposed flywheel spinning around by the rider's right foot.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #12
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
No that there is a Mustang riding along what looks like San Fernando Road in Glendale, California (where the Mustang was built). They used an English built Burman 4 speed transmission with a kick-starter and a clutch. A Gladden 350cc side-valve industrial motor provided the poop, and it topped out at around sixty. The Gladden was a real piece or work, polished connecting rods, relieved intake & exhaust port, and a Tilotson 1/4 inch carb. Put out around 10 horsepower. That's an exposed flywheel spinning around by the rider's right foot.
As always, the man with the knowledge. Thanks, Matt!
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
JoeyBee
Registered Member

Wow, lots of questions.

mscuddy, thanks for your help on the starter question for the original Mustang photo above.

Our max power is 13.5 hp, but we are expecting that to increase. We are doing a lot of dyno work right now (see our blog at California Scooter Company | Genuine Quality Scooters) and we are seeing significant gains on the dyno from some of the adjustments we are making.

The idea of knobbies and higher fenders is one we have been bouncing around. Stay tuned, and thanks for your interest.

Last edited by JoeyBee : 02-09-2010 at 10:09 PM.
JoeyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #14
JoeyBee
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Questions:

What's the engine output?
How's it driven, is it 1 speed? Clutch?
Street legal with VIN etc.?
Warranty?
Distributors, service and parts?
How much?
Looks like a couple of posts crossed at the same time. Thanks for that post above on the Mustang's starter.

For the above questions:

13.5 hp, but soon to be increased before the start of full scale production in March.

The CSC motorcycles have a 5-speed transmission and a clutch. It operates just like my Triumph Tiger or any other standard motorcycle.

It is street legal, but not freeway legal in California (California requires a 250cc engine for freeway use).

The bike has a 1 year warranty.

We are developing the dealer network now. If you wish to find out more about requirements for becoming a dealer, please contact us via the California Scooter Company | Genuine Quality Scooters website.

We stock all parts.

The bikes have an MSRP of $4995.
JoeyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #15
TheCycleGuy
Registered Member

Did someone say it has a Honda motor? I guess I just assumed it was Chinese, nice to know it's made in California. Priced right too, I think. I've seen these in person a couple of times, they're really beautiful. The pink one is just the thing for the wife.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:28 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Who is kidding whom? $2K for that thing would be too much. A freaking minibike without any rear suspension? I'd rather own something with a lawn mower engine. See what happens when you hit some nasty pavement while heeled over in a turn. This thing costs more than a Ninja 250 or a DR200 or a Kymco 250 or an overstocked 2008 DR650. LOL! A rip off.

Line up suckers.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:30 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Who is kidding whom? $2K for that thing would be too much. A freaking minibike without any rear suspension? I'd rather own something with a lawn mower engine. See what happens when you hit some nasty pavement while heeled over in a turn. This thing costs more than a Ninja 250 or a DR200 or a Kymco 250 or an overstocked 2008 DR650. LOL! A rip off.

Line up suckers.

I think you need an Ironhead project.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:43 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I think you need an Ironhead project.
LOL! I think you are right. Life had been going too well lately.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #19
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post

Line up suckers.
Isn't it also more than a Vespa?
Old 02-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Isn't it also more than a Vespa?
The line of decent small displacement machines for less than 5K would stretch to the horizon. And they have warranties too.