Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Old 05-21-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
ericrosten
Founding Member

Default Any word on Suzuki SV1000S replacement?

Does anyone have reliable information on a replacement from Suzuki for the SV1000S that had 2008 as it's last year? I moan at the "big 4" having a lack of Vtwin offerings. Italian is less reliable and more expensive. KTM is down on torque. Honda retired their sweet RC51. Yamaha has never had a modern Vtwin in this league.

Suz has caried over the 996 mill in the 2009 DL, so maybe they will keep that torquey motor? The 1250S Bandit fills a nice gap, but it lacks the character of a torquey, stompin' twin.

Something about listening to a low frequency rumble and feeling the instant pull that beats out the high whining, less feeling i-4, in my opinion.
ericrosten is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2009, 04:08 AM   #2
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrosten View Post
Something about listening to a low frequency rumble and feeling the instant pull that beats out the high whining, less feeling i-4, in my opinion.
No information here. If you want stompin' torque, look toward Ducati, Aprilia, or Buell. You could also get a new, old stock SV1000S. I'm sure there are some out there.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Take a drive around your area. Count the number of sporty Japanese V-twins you see. You'll be lucky to see one. But you'll see plenty of cruisers and sportbikes. That's about all Americans are interested in. That's why Zooker dropped it. I doubt you will see another for a while.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

A 1000cc 100+ hp "call it anything but Gladius" would be very cool.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Go ahead, use the word 'Gladius' in a sentence. OK.

If they make it, you will be 'Gladius' they did.