Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News

Old 03-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default New Hybrid Scooter

FOXNews.com - Plug-In Hybrid Scooter Coming to U.S. in 2010 - Auto

It was only a matter of time. Seems that it takes the Italians to build a hybrid that doesn't cost more than the regular gas powered vehicles.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
FOXNews.com - Plug-In Hybrid Scooter Coming to U.S. in 2010 - Auto

It was only a matter of time. Seems that it takes the Italians to build a hybrid that doesn't cost more than the regular gas powered vehicles.
Good to see the prices coming down. But, no one is addressing the skyrocketing electricity costs without worrying about charging your vehicles. And if everyone plans on placing heavier taxes on coal (which is the main fuel for producing electricity) where will that leave us? $1200 per month power bills?

I know, I know, I am throwing in facts with fuzzy, tulip filled dreams. I should be ashamed. Hey, look, we are still 5* below the normal average temps. Damn that Global Warming. I mean, after all, we are far beyond the point where Global Warming can be debated.

…I’m in a real pissy mood, if you can’t tell.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Good to see the prices coming down. But, no one is addressing the skyrocketing electricity costs without worrying about charging your vehicles. And if everyone plans on placing heavier taxes on coal (which is the main fuel for producing electricity) where will that leave us? $1200 per month power bills?

I know, I know, I am throwing in facts with fuzzy, tulip filled dreams. I should be ashamed. Hey, look, we are still 5* below the normal average temps. Damn that Global Warming. I mean, after all, we are far beyond the point where Global Warming can be debated.

…I’m in a real pissy mood, if you can’t tell.
And there was just an article in the local fishwrap yesterday about govt's all concerned that because we're being all fuel efficient now, the gov't is losing a whole bunch of gas tax dough. They're all coming up with per mile tax schemes.

I guess those Escalade drivers paying the freight all these years weren't so bad after all.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
And there was just an article in the local fishwrap yesterday about govt's all concerned that because we're being all fuel efficient now, the gov't is losing a whole bunch of gas tax dough. They're all coming up with per mile tax schemes.
It's all bulls**t. Maybe if the government would stop waisting money they wouldn't have to worry about it.

Just tax pot and get it over with.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote